Sony SDM-S81 18" LCD failure to work right...

m_three10

Weaksauce
I had luckily taken this monitor off a friends hands before he gave it away to goodwill or something like that but when i recieved it, i had only gotten it with the vga cable and no power adapter.

He said all the monitor needed was a power adapter. So i bought one on ebay specifically labeled for the Sony SDM-S81.

When i got it in the mail today, i plugged it in and nothing is happening. the only led on the monitor is blinking green at the same time and rate as the led on the power adapter. There is no message saying cable disconnect, and i cant get into the menus. (im pretty sure this monitor is gone :\ )

when i did plug it into my laptop and actually tried to get it to work, the blinking led would randomly go solid and i would get picture (my extended desktop, or dupe) and it would work for about 2 seconds before it goes back to blinking.
If i actually leave it on, it would go back and forth between about every 5 minutes or so.

im planning on sending back the adapter, but after much google browsing i really couldnt find a solid cause for this. I was told it could be something with the power inverter board?

i have tried other wall outlets, another laptop etc and getting the same issue.

thanks.

Back