Sony Sales (Even Without PSN!)

djoye

2[H]4U
Is Sony changing their tune!? I'm mostly a PC gamer (I'm cheap and wait for sales or free games), but I enjoy PS4 as well. It seems almost impossible to find those awesome PS4 exclusive games on sale unless you're a PSN member; I can't justify PSN membership because I don't use any PSN features (maybe I should). I've only heard great things about God of War, but here it is, on sale for $40 four months after release! Also, HZD Frozen Wilds was $10, so I picked up GoW and the HZD DLC today.

I'm surprised by this. Have I not been paying attention or is it unusual that these games are on sale?

Don't believe it is that rare Sony does a sale for non-PS+ users.

Heard good things about Unravel so nabbed it for $5.

I want to say Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition was only $15. From what I've heard it's totally worth playing the DLC and this version comes with it.

its worth the 50-60.00 a year you can get it for. You get two free games loaned out to you a month that you can keep as long as you have PSN. Not to mention some of the deeper discounts.

its worth the 50-60.00 a year you can get it for. You get two free games loaned out to you a month that you can keep as long as you have PSN. Not to mention some of the deeper discounts.

Yup.. I usually pick up PS+ for $40-$50/year either on Black Friday sale (was on Amazon for $40 last year) or some other sale or eBay prepaid card and it's definitely worth that just for the free games you get with the service IMO, but the additional discounts are a good perk as well. Some really notable ones they gave away this year are MGS5, Bloodborne, Mad Max (surprisingly good game), Mafia 3, and Beyond Two Souls that I just played this month. I have yet to play any online games on my PS4 too since I mostly enjoy single player games like most of the PS exclusives are. Horizon complete edition for anything less than $20 is an absolutely steal and must-buy for sure though, it was probably my GOTY last year. Enjoy OP and be sure to hit up the thread for that game here too for some good tips that I and a few others posted in there.

I've had the PS membership for as long as I can remember, and there seems to be some sort of flash sale or major sale happening at least multiple times a month. It's a great way to grab a ton of games that you may have never gotten a chance to play (due to having been engrossed in another game, or whatever other reason).

I just subbed to PS+. Just from the games I missed that were free it seems worth it.

They have some good freebies. And the PS+ discount is nice too.

If you want cheaper games you have to go for physical releases. Dad of war could of been had for $40 a month after release.

If you want cheaper games you have to go for physical releases. Dad of war could of been had for $40 a month after release.

I bought it online for $35 two or three weeks ago...I am not one to advocate no physical purchases, but it is so much easier to download them and play. Besides when you buy the physical disc you have to for the most part download half the game or full game again anyways.

I bought it online for $35 two or three weeks ago...I am not one to advocate no physical purchases, but it is so much easier to download them and play. Besides when you buy the physical disc you have to for the most part download half the game or full game again anyways.
On console you do get the entire game on the disc. Physical PC games didn't cause they never adopted Blu-ray. Most people still perfer physical on console anyway.

Meh internet is required for that game since it has no single player.

I wouldn't say "meh." Again, it's refuting the idea that games ship complete these days or in playable states. It's not super uncommon for that to be the case. So, that's all I'm getting at. We living in a digital world and I'm just a digital girl.

Back