Sony: PS4 Pro’s 4K Gaming Is Not Misleading

Then you are just spoiled. I play all my games at 540P upscaled to 720P and have the time of my life. Extra resolution wouldn't make my games more fun it's just extra icing. It's a shame you let graphics get in your way of enjoying a great game.

I could just as easily say that you have low standards. I played most of the way through W3, got distracted by the Binding of Isaac DLC, got a 4k tv, looked at W3 in 4k, looked at it in 1080p and saw how ugly it looked, went back to playing Isaac. It's not like I can't go back through W3 when I do have the right hardware so I'm not missing out on the game.

My most played games don't even have good graphics; Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmor, LoL, etc. which has kept me from upgrading my video card. But I can easily see that 4k looks WAY better than 1080p even in low-fidelity games like Smite.

Simple rule: If you have to make excuses for it then it's probably not true.

Even Nvidia has been guilty of that, multiple times.

I honestly think 4K gaming caught them off guard, similar to how Microsoft was thrown off by Sony going with DDR4 memory for the PS4. The fact that even the 4K link in the OS basically is broken at the moment shows that they threw it in last minute.
The PS4 uses GDDR5 memory. I get your point, though.

whaaa. this thread is about whether one can distinguish the difference between 1080p and 4k. its nice that you enjoy your setup but it has no bearing on the discussion. considering you took the time to post an attack at bankie you must notice the difference, too.

It wasn't an attack actually. Being spoiled on 4k is a thing, it's up to you wether or not to be offended by it.

I've been running PS1 & 2 games for about a year now at 4K. Sony is behind the curve. ;)

PC is still the master race.....

except when From Software deleted my Dark Souls 3 data.

Back