Sony, one million Contrast: 1 "BRAVIA XR1"

actually it says "Onscreen contrast 3000:1" and "Dynamic contrast 1000000:1"

オンスクリーンコントラスト比は3,000:1。ダイナミックコントラスト比は100万:1以上。視野角は上下左右178度。

I guess thats reached through a combination of RGB LED backlight and normal dynamic lighting technology.

Whatever happened to SED technology that Toshiba and Canon were developing? That was at 1000000:1 a couple of years ago.

It's just Canon behind it now, since they had a quarrel with Nano-Propietary (the company that held the IP the SED tech is based on), because their licensing was not transferable, so they had to buy Toshiba's share on SED).

Canon just won the lawsuit Nano-Propietary had filed against them, so it's supposedly back on track now.

Cool. I look forward to seeing the displays. SED looked awesome and was the perfect evolution of CRT technology. I also remember Sony having something similar called FED.

But that kind of stall on SED could kill it forever. Nanotech (slimeballs) may appeal.

Basically Canon paid millions to the slimeballs for a license and spent millions more to try to bring it to market, when it looked like Canon might actually succeed nanotech (slime) looked for a technicality to void the license and extort more money.

But yes we need something new in monitors. Bring on SED,FED,OLED...

Back