• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sony MDR-XD Line

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
I really like the Sony MDR-XD Line. I have heard good things and they look stylish, which is what I like.

I want to know is if I should get the XD300's or the XD200's?
Are the XD300's headband comfortable?
 
xd200---> xd300 ----minimal improvement for double the price...

get XD200 or go all out and get the XD400. but if the XD line is anything like my xd400's... the are VERY comfortable.
 
Hmm, so the XD200's are considered to be better than the XD300's?


Which ones would produce the most bass?
 
melomania said:
Hmm, so the XD200's are considered to be better than the XD300's?

Not quite. The XD300's are barely better than the XD200's - but cost twice as much money. To me, the XD200's are the better value of the two.

melomania said:
Which ones would produce the most bass?

All right, "more" bass ain't "better" bass! You see, headphone design is a compromise between overall sound quality and bass quantity. In the lower-end Sonys such as these, you can have decent sound quality or booming bass - but not both at the same time. And if a headphone delivers a lot of bass, the mids and highs will suffer quite badly.
 
Well I am debating on which ones I should get. I think the 300's look really cool.


Bottom line, style and comfort, which ones:?
 
Back
Top