Sony LCD rear projection for PC display?

Tony123

Weaksauce
(very sorry. posted this same thread in the wrong forum a while ago)

Hey all!

I'm thinking about getting this TV for my Xbox 360.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=1118841724863

I'd bee even more thrilled if I can conveniently hook up my PC to it. My PC's gpu is currently a BFG 7800 GTX OC. Has 2 DVI connectors. Since this rear-projection tv I'm looking at has an HDMI (also a VGA) does that mean I can use it as my display?

I would either

-----Use an DVI-HDMI cable (for a digital connection to the TV)
-----and if that wont work I will use a DVI-VGA adapter so I can plug it in to the VGA on the TV

can someone around here give me any reason why this WOULDNT work out? (considering all my parts and electronics AREN'T broken or anything)

thanks for reading. Just 6 more days till 360 WOOHOO!

Don't know which Sony LCD you were linking too but I have a KDF-60XS955 and have my MCE pc hooked up to it as well as my xbox, ps2 and cube hooked up to it. Mine doesn't have a VGA port, so I use a DVI-HDMI. It used only for gaming and MCE functions as my wife got sick of me using our Sammy DLP to play video games on. When I had the pc hooked up to the DLP, I used the VGA port and it looked almost identical to the dvi input. Now I'm just waiting for the 22nd...

Tony123 said:
(very sorry. posted this same thread in the wrong forum a while ago)

Hey all!

I'm thinking about getting this TV for my Xbox 360.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=1118841724863

I'd bee even more thrilled if I can conveniently hook up my PC to it. My PC's gpu is currently a BFG 7800 GTX OC. Has 2 DVI connectors. Since this rear-projection tv I'm looking at has an HDMI (also a VGA) does that mean I can use it as my display?

I would either

-----Use an DVI-HDMI cable (for a digital connection to the TV)
-----and if that wont work I will use a DVI-VGA adapter so I can plug it in to the VGA on the TV

can someone around here give me any reason why this WOULDNT work out? (considering all my parts and electronics AREN'T broken or anything)

thanks for reading. Just 6 more days till 360 WOOHOO!
I have a Sony KDF-E42A10 with a 7800GTX hooked up via DVI to HDMI adapter...and it ROCKS!

AWESOME :)

So is it plug and play. I'm a technical n00b.

So Morley, Do you game on it?

Like Doom 3, Quake 4, or Half-Life 2? If so how do those perform on the big screen?

It will work... I have a 60 inch version.

The resolution is lower IIRC but aside from that its plug and play.

Tony123 said:
AWESOME :)

So is it plug and play. I'm a technical n00b.

So Morley, Do you game on it?

Like Doom 3, Quake 4, or Half-Life 2? If so how do those perform on the big screen?
It took a while to get overscan corrected so i could see all of my toolbar, but if you set your resolution to 1176x664 and then adjust your TV to -1 or -2 (can't remember which setting that is), then you should be perfect.

I have played Quake 4 and COD2 on it so far and it's awesome...I'm completely spoiled.

Back