Sony Inzone Gaming Monitors

Real Garbage is what I see...specs from 3 to 5 years ago. Why would anyone buy this and not a G7 Neo for just a bit more? Conversely the aw3423dw acts as a very good 27.3" HDR monitor as well for the PS5..

Real Garbage is what I see...specs from 3 to 5 years ago. Why would anyone buy this and not a G7 Neo for just a bit more? Conversely the aw3423dw acts as a very good 27.3" HDR monitor as well for the PS5..
consolers dont know the difference...

Not being curved for one, IPS as well vs VA in the Neo. But it being 27" kills this for me. The retard curve kills the Neo offerings.

Awful looking stand design, no sRGB mode and otherwise kind of middle of the pack performance. This will sell only because the 4K 120+ Hz market is pretty garbage.

It is nice to see something besides the awful 8-16 zone edge lit tho. Even though 96 zones is crap, it's at least less crap.

This actually looks pretty nice. I was recently thinking of picking up an old x27 since all the current 4K 120 Hz+ offerings are either too bad (no FALD) or too expensive (miniLED for $3K+). The Neo G8/G7 were the exception, until I saw that their curve’s the wonkiest looking thing I’ve seen in a while.

This isn’t better than an x27, but it’s more easily available and cheaper. I think that’s not bad.

I'm thinking Sony is putting their toes back in the water so maybe we'll see regular consumer monitor releases from them again. The performance seems pretty similar to my Eve, just without the SRGB and strobing modes but better HDR.

Last edited:
Slightly overpriced IMO and not my favorite size/res combo (27”/4k) but for those looking at 27” it might be interesting if it drops a couple of hundred dollars in price as time goes on. Some of the smaller touches like full software control over everything and solid engineering on overdrive to give a single setting that does not need to be tweaked by refresh rate are nice.
The lack of 165 or at least 144hz modes is a big minus to me as is lack of srgb but with always on HDR the latter may be moot. That price though is too high for these specs, but that is likely to drift down if they make and sell enough of these.

Sony is inzone but completely outoftouch.

Coolermaster GP27-FUS is $1099.

https://pcmonitors.info/cooler-master/cooler-master-gp27-fus-160hz-4k-ips-with-mini-led/

-4K/160hz
-576 zone mini led
-1200nits 10% window
-sRGB mode
-HDMI 2.1 full 48Gbps ports
-90w USB C PD

Was suppose to be available this month but got delayed to September. The 1440p version with identical specs otherwise is $750.

That’s really cool, and since they don’t make monitors I expect other brands will have similar models coming.

That’s really cool, and since they don’t make monitors I expect other brands will have similar models coming.
Its a Asus PG32UQXE by Coolermaster. There will be quite a few variants from other manufacturers like Acer, etc.

Back