Sony Investigating PS4 Online Gaming Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hey, maybe this new issue is like when the company decided to reset your passwords for *cough* precautionary measures. :D

Sony says it's investigating a growing number of cases of PS4 players being locked out of online games in titles including Killzone Shadow Fall, Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4. Affected users receive an error message warning them that they require a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online.

....and yet the PS4 fanboys are still claiming their console is the superior one and that "XBone sucks"

BOTH consoles have their good and bad points, but overall Sony has had a rocky online service compared to XBox Live. The fact that Sony now requires people to pay for a Plus membership to play online just makes it worse.

....and yet the PS4 fanboys are still claiming their console is the superior one and that "XBone sucks"

BOTH consoles have their good and bad points, but overall Sony has had a rocky online service compared to XBox Live. The fact that Sony now requires people to pay for a Plus membership to play online just makes it worse.
I doubt they'll use the money from there to improve their shaky on-line service.

And PC gamers deal with more weird online issues than either console. Shit happens. Every time something like this gets in the news its fanboy fight time for some dumb reason.

Lets not even bring up the fact that Xbox One fouls you in games for using bad language..

Plenty of bugs on both platforms. They've only been out for a month or even less. Owners should know by now that both systems were rushed to the marketplace.

Where? I didn't see any fanboys complaining until you came into the thread.

That said, I have the PS4 and I've had issues only once, personally (that was when UK launched). It happens to every company, at one point or another. Hell, look at BF4 on PC; EA can't get their shit together. And I'm sure Xbox has had or will have it's problem. The payment component of Plus has nothing to do with it's "rocky online service".

So people spent $500 for a console and another $70 for a game and they can't play the game?

There's got to be something illegal about that, false advertising, bait & switch, something.

So people spent $500 for a console and another $70 for a game and they can't play the game?

There's got to be something illegal about that, false advertising, bait & switch, something.

It's no different from those of us who bought Diablo 3 on day 1 only to find that there's no server slot after spending hours trying to log in.

I think these gaming company can get away with it as long as it works later on.

I had this when COD Ghosts wasn't patched to the current version. I quit the game, applied the patch and it worked perfectly after.

It's Ok Killzone isn't all that =) I had this error too I thought it was server side.

I get kicked out of PSN a LOT on 2 PS3's.
Sony really needs to get their shit together.

Yeah I have had this issue as well, as many of my other friends have. It drove quite a few to Xbox360. I almost made the switch but stuck with them. Unfortunately it seems they haven't changed their ways. PSN is just all around out to screw you while trying to placate their fundamental deficiencies with free games from time to time, most of which you probably already have or dont want heh.

Where? I didn't see any fanboys complaining until you came into the thread.

That said, I have the PS4 and I've had issues only once, personally (that was when UK launched). It happens to every company, at one point or another. Hell, look at BF4 on PC; EA can't get their shit together. And I'm sure Xbox has had or will have it's problem. The payment component of Plus has nothing to do with it's "rocky online service".

It kind of does since people expect more when they are paying for something. The X360 has had issues now and then, but they were resolved quickly. I also have a few free XBL downloads that they gave out as an apology.

Back