Sony Has Shipped 47.4 Million PS4s

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Sony's most recent financials, the company has shipped more that 47.4 million PS4 to date. Obviously "shipped" doesn't mean "sold," and that number is down from the same quarter last year, but that is still an extremely impressive number no matter how you look at it.

More than 47.4m PlayStation consoles have now been shipped to retailers worldwide, Sony has revealed. That’s according to the firm’s financials for the quarter ending September 30th, which reveal that 3.9m PS4 machines were shipped during the month. Adding that to the previously-announced 43.5m shipment figure.

"Shipped", not sold. Just figured I would point that out since many here love to do the same with the XBox One numbers. However, I will no be buying a PS4 since I already have a XBox One, 360 and I can game on my computer. I personally do not want one and besides, when I had my PS2 slim, I hardly played that either.

Nice good amount there. Hope they continue to do well, the same as any other console maker. More competition, better.

Man, I wonder if we are ever going to see a next-gen console again. Other devices and PCs are really filling in the spaces. The PS4 will never reach the sales numbers of the PSX, PS2 or PS3. The Xbox One has sold fewer units that the ORIGINAL XBOX. The Wii U is stop-production and it sold 50% fewer units than the fucking Gamecube did.

Can you guys see this continuing?

I think both consoles have must play games, but that is just me.

So true. Some great games for both.

I still say the Xbox is better in the games department, but I still have a beef with the Playstation after the Sega Saturn.... :)

Man, I wonder if we are ever going to see a next-gen console again. Other devices and PCs are really filling in the spaces. The PS4 will never reach the sales numbers of the PSX, PS2 or PS3. The Xbox One has sold fewer units that the ORIGINAL XBOX. The Wii U is stop-production and it sold 50% fewer units than the fucking Gamecube did.

Yes. It hit a high point when gaming got huge. It'll drop a bit, but it won't stop. PS4 has already shipped almost as many as the SNES did during it's lifetime and it was considered very successful (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System). Sales will rise and fall, but I don't think console gaming is going anywhere. I just wonder where we're going from here. A new Intel CPU, new NVIDIA GPU, faster RAM, larger HDD... It's a PC under that plastic. They'll have to pull something that makes people say "WOW!" again. It didn't happen this generation. It's last gen with a small upgrade. It's throwing a 32X on top of a Genesis. Cool, but not enough to make people gasp.

I have the ps4pro on order. Kind of excited tbh. Currently have a couple xbones that the wife an I play on and thinking of playing around with vr in a while, also there are a few exclusives I wouldnt mind playing, plus some of the legacy stuff on the store. Last PS I owned was ps2

I want to buy an Xbox One soon so I can play my old Xbox 360 games on it that I haven't yet finished. My parents are hogging my Xbox 360 as a netflix/hulu box :(

Reactions: Shmee
like this

To be fair to the Xbox One, the Original Xbox sold 25 million over its lifetime. The Xbox One has sold 23.5 through three years, and its sales are picking up, so it will catch up and move past the Xbox.

To be fair to the Xbox One, the Original Xbox sold 25 million over its lifetime. The Xbox One has sold 23.5 through three years, and its sales are picking up, so it will catch up and move past the Xbox.

And the Xbox One will never reach the sales numbers of the Xbox 360

Dude, the consoles aren't that old. They were released 3 years ago. The older consoles took like 10 years to hit their numbers. I can see the PS4 hitting the same sales as the PS3, but I don't know about the Xbox One hitting the sales number of the 360 at all.

I might pick one up if they get the 3D games going. About $700-$800 all in.

Sure if they're actually 3D and not that stupid paper cutout like gaming. I played Resistance on the PS3 in 3D. Everything was essentially 2D, but ended up being layered to a 3D effect. So it was like having paper cutouts running at me.

How many Steam Boxes were sold?

I don't think anyone knows for sure since their numbers aren't split out from normal PC sales. I am guessing they have not done well though since none of the major manufacturers are pushing them anymore.

Back