Sony Hack Exposed Budgets, Layoffs, Scripts, And 3,800 SS Numbers

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess the Sony Pictures hack was way bigger than first thought. In addition to the leaked movies, scripts, budgets and almost four thousand social security numbers were compromised. :(

The document, which listed the names, titles, and salaries of more than 6,000 Sony Pictures employees including senior executives (and may have revealed a gender pay discrepancy), appears to be part of an enormous data breach that hit the studio last week, forcing them to shutter computer systems, move employees to paper and pencils, and call in the FBI and private security researchers to investigate the hack.

How about sony finally hires a securty team to lock down their shit!?! I never want psn to have my cc info for this exact reason.

"...(and may have revealed a gender pay discrepancy)..."

Why the need to put this in there when they're not even certain...

How about sony finally hires a securty team to lock down their shit!?! I never want psn to have my cc info for this exact reason.

As long as people can go online and your information exist online, you're not safe. I've seen credit cards which were never used hijacked. That's just the reality we live in.

There's a good chance your identity some time in the future will be compromised, and the result of it will be everyone will be blaming you for being an idiot and getting into that situation.

Sony is a comedy of errors these days. They make Microsoft look like Apple. I expect them to be bought sometime in the next 5 years as they don't seem to have much to keep them going. The current success of the PS4 ain't nearly enough.

They'll think twice about making another movie about North Korea, that'll teach'em.

;)

They'll think twice about making another movie about North Korea, that'll teach'em.

;)

they should do a movie where they just nuke north korea for 2 hours and violate their leaders

> the leaks, which they said totaled “tens of terabytes

oof. if the data set were just a smidge smaller, i'd be very interested to probe through it just to get a sense of how this major corporation functions. as it is, i'll have to be content with 2nd hand info.

These days it seems like the bigger news will be a day when Sony isn't being hacked...

"...(and may have revealed a gender pay discrepancy)..."

Why the need to put this in there when they're not even certain...

Did you even read TFA, particularly the section you quoted which has a link to another FA that references evidence of said gender pay discrepancy?

Back