Sony Duo 13 and Connected Standby

liqdfire

Gawd
I am having issues with my new Sony DUO 13 coming out of sleep, and draining my battery.

Sony enabled Connected Standby in the 4th gen intel processor, so hibernate is no longer available, and the sleep mode is basically a low power no screen mode. It has a tendency to wake randomly and kill the battery, especially since I have it in a sleeve in my back pack a lot during the day.

I have tried looking at powercfg options like wake timers and wake alerts, and lastwke reports to no avail. Is there no way to kill the connected standby and re-enable to good ole' hibernate?

They disabled hibernate because the laptop uses an SSD. Hibernating is bad for SSD and can wear them out faster. If you dont want it to come awake why don't you just shut it down with the SSD it doesn't take long to boot.

They disabled hibernate because the laptop uses an SSD. Hibernating is bad for SSD and can wear them out faster. If you dont want it to come awake why don't you just shut it down with the SSD it doesn't take long to boot.

True, but they manner that I work is I will typicaly have a couple of sessions of Visual Studio open and not close them between uses, sometimes chrome with up to 20 or 30 tabs. I just prefer to leave my stuff open, and shutting down requires I save them as favorites, or loose them.

I 100% agree with you on that one. maybe as a work around is there a way to disable touch or something before you put it to sleep so it doesn't accidentally wake up?

Do you leave the pen in the holder. I heard that if the pen is connected the tablet knows when you take it off that clip. if you do leave it clipped in maybe the pen is getting bumped?

Other than the waking issue, how do you like the Duo 13? I'm between it and the Lenovo Helix currently...

Have you reported it as a bug to Sony? It sounds like some problem with the ACPI controller or the firmware. Perhaps they will work with you on a fix?

I love the Duo 13, I switched google to resume with all tabs when opening and that has fixed my heartache with shutting down. Doing that instead of sleep is the way to go with these new machines.

That would have been my suggestion (Its what I do with my laptop that I turn on/off 2 or more times a day), good to see you figured it out.

Back