• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sony announcement on 20th

MrCrispy

2[H]4U
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
4,001
Is there any official word it's about the PS4 or is it just a bunch of rumors being repeated over and over? It'd be funny if it turns out to be Vita+ or something else.

I'm in the market for a PS3, it all depends on what they announce.
 
It'll be the PS4 for sure. Now as to what they'll announce about it is anyone's guess. I'm thinking it'll be standard fare though. 4 more days!!!
 
Ha, that would be a big troll move if Sony did use it to announce something totally unrelated to the PS4:

*30 minutes of positively spun Vita sales charts*

"New Vita system colours and bundles! Stay tuned to E3 for a special, next generation Playstation announcement!"

*curtain closes*

Edit: Oh, and as possibly a spoiler to the Feb 20th event, WSJ posted an article stating the PS4 will have the ability to stream PS3 games and will announce this on Feb 20. Might be an effective way of b/c without having to worry about legacy hardware or more 'cost prohibitive' methods of b/c.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323478004578306663577439962.html

Oh, and for non-WSJ subscribers:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/15/3993970/playstation-4-will-stream-ps3-games-reports-wsj
 
Last edited:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/15/sony-ps4-gaikai-streaming-rumor/

We're just a few days away from Sony's February 20th "see the future of" PlayStation event where we expect to see the next edition of its home console, and the rumor mill is buzzing. The latest one tonight comes from the Wall Street Journal, with a report that connects Sony's $380 million purchase of cloud gaming service Gaikai last year with a method to provide backwards compatibility on the PlayStation 4. The WSJ reports Sony has been "investing heavily" in preparing Gaikai for an influx of PS4-equipped gamers, while also developing better cameras for its Move and the DualShock+touchpad controllers we've seen recently.

What's not revealed, however, is any potential pricing plan, or whether cloud games will work using existing cloud saves. While buying fully digital copies of games we already own is less than appealing, if Sony can implement something like the abandoned UMD-to-PSP Go "good will" plan, then there may be benefits for all. In the last gen Sony used hardware, then software and then nothing at all for backwards compatible gaming, while Microsoft went all software -- we'll see how it balances out this time around.
 
Online streaming, screwing over PS3 backwards compatibility, blah, blah, blah...I don't really care. I can honestly say that the only reason I'm really excited about next-gen is because PC gamers will finally start seeing DX11 games and all its awesome features being implemented into the console ports.
 
I don't care about BC. I care about the games that are coming out on next gen consoles only.
 
I hope they have a Wii-U type controller honestly, as well as DS3/Move/Force GT Wheel support on the PS4.

I also hope that the next Skyrim game is DX11... shit we've waited long enough ...since Oblivion for next gen graphics from that company. That will prob take awhile, but they should've been working on that title for awhile now, and the PS4 isn't out till a year from now or so is the guess. Not asking much are we?

I hope FF, GTA, and GT6 look far better than PS3, and I mean farrrr better not just 1080p with more AA haha!

I hope there will be a lot more useful APPS for the PS4, cuz the PS3 has basic channels like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/Crackle. I want more apps like on the Roku.

There's a lot of hype building but I hope Sony took their time and has great ideas on PS4...can't wait to hear the news on the 20th hope it is not a big let down. I'm interested badly lol!
 
I also hope that the next Skyrim game is DX11... shit we've waited long enough ...since Oblivion for next gen graphics from that company. That will prob take awhile, but they should've been working on that title for awhile now, and the PS4 isn't out till a year from now or so is the guess. Not asking much are we?

This has nothing to do with the ps4 announcement. Next skyrim game? more like next Elder scrolls game.

I really hope they stick to the basic controller and maybe add a touchpad like the vita.
 
If I get the chance, I'll be watching the IGN live stream on the event. They were invited to the conference.
 
If I get the chance, I'll be watching the IGN live stream on the event. They were invited to the conference.

Sony is live streaming it themselves. I'll be at work during the live stream unfortunately.
 
Probably EQ Next premier for ps4 if that makes sense, it's late.
 
I am hoping for a few things;

- A 21st century revamp of the URNOTE ads
- Playable Demos of quality first and third party games
- A showing of the apps and features of the system
- A showing of the actual system + hardware
- An MSRP for the respective models (hopefully just HD size differences)
- Online remain free

And lastly, (this may just be me dreaming) I want Gabe Newell to walk out on that stage and say "Ladies and gentlemen, I invite you to see what we here at valve have been working on. I invite you to witness the Playstation 4, powered by Steam."

There is no love between Microsoft and Valve, and I doubt it would happen but oh man.
 
Last edited:
I hope they have a Wii-U type controller honestly, as well as DS3/Move/Force GT Wheel support on the PS4.

I also hope that the next Skyrim game is DX11... shit we've waited long enough ...since Oblivion for next gen graphics from that company. That will prob take awhile, but they should've been working on that title for awhile now, and the PS4 isn't out till a year from now or so is the guess. Not asking much are we?

I hope FF, GTA, and GT6 look far better than PS3, and I mean farrrr better not just 1080p with more AA haha!

I hope there will be a lot more useful APPS for the PS4, cuz the PS3 has basic channels like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/Crackle. I want more apps like on the Roku.

There's a lot of hype building but I hope Sony took their time and has great ideas on PS4...can't wait to hear the news on the 20th hope it is not a big let down. I'm interested badly lol!

Sony leave the dual shock? LMFAO. We will be lucky if they decide to swap the dpad and left stick. I mean the controller is absolutely shit currently if you aren't playing an adventure, fighting, rpg, or old platformer.
 
Everyone assumes it's ps4, sony hasn't said what it is nad everyone is hyping the shit out of it to be the ps4 unveiling. If it's not, Sony is fucked.
 
They wouldn't be releasing the playstation videos if they weren't. That would be stupid.. they started with the ps1 and now the ps2.
 
The Wall Street Journal confirmed it was the PS4. If you find them "credible" , which I do on this item.
 
Its no surprise that there's been plenty of talk going about since the teaser trailer was posted on The Playstation blog with a date for February 20th. And now, an article from The Wall Street Journal confirms the likelyhood of the proposed date is indeed most likely to be the launch of the new Playstation Console, codenamed "Orbis".

PS4 confirmed by Wall Street Journal

Cited in the article, 'people familiar with the matter" have told them that the new Playstation console will indeed make its debut during the event, and the new console will indeed be on sale this year in time for the holidays, and will announce its offical name at the same time.

Also a report from The Edge who say they have learned of the PS4\Orbis, also wrote that it will be released sometime this year for the U.S & Japanese market, following with the U.K market later in early 2014. Its also mentioned that the PS4 controllers will come with a touchpad for the start and select buttons, and a new 'Share' button is added, which will allow screenshots to be taken as well as being able to record & save up to " the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action". You would then be able to edit and share them via the consoles sharing functions. The Edge also mentions that the Orbis, is supposedly more powerful than the next Microsoft console, codenamed "Durango".


http://ap.ign.com/en/news/4817/ps4-confirmed-by-wall-street-journal-
 
You are not e


They need to adopt this slogan again, it was awesome, with the games they had at the time , like Twisted Metal and Wipeout it gave the Playstation an edgy feel.
Also as a buyer it made you feel like you were buying some top secret lab technology that had the best graphics on the planet. Sony needs to bring this feeling back to its fans. They need to announce something big. I just hope they have the goods to back up the hype this time around.
 
Last edited:
ENOS lives would be another good one to bring back (if it happens to launch on that date again.
 
I would also expect a price drop in North America for the PS Vita, they just had a drop in Japan. 215 for the base model and a 34% cut for the 3G model.
 
Report: PS4 launch price significantly cheaper than PS3

http://www.examiner.com/article/report-ps4-launch-price-significantly-cheaper-than-ps3

Sony's Playstation 4 will launch at a significantly cheaper price than its predecessor according to leaked documents obtained by the Times UK on Monday who also has an industry source to back them up.

A straight conversion puts the launch price of the PS4 at $465 but rarely do you see retail product prices with a straight conversion from the British pound to the US dollar. In real world terms, it is likely the PS4 would launch at a $399.99 price point in the United States.
 
If that is a launch price and the Vita dropped to something like 199 I could start seeing a positive outlook for SCE.

vita has dropped price to 19980 yen for both wifi and 3g models in japan starting 28th
 
I'm kind of excited/nervous about what Sony is going to announce. I have a strong feeling that based off the rumor mill in recent months that they will likely announce something that will cause many gamers to /facepalm come Wed.

Guess we'll see.
 
I'm kind of excited/nervous about what Sony is going to announce. I have a strong feeling that based off the rumor mill in recent months that they will likely announce something that will cause many gamers to /facepalm come Wed.

Guess we'll see.

That's the great thing about SCE - capable of greatness and absolute stupidity both, we don't know which Sony will turn up :D
 
Its no surprise that there's been plenty of talk going about since the teaser trailer was posted on The Playstation blog with a date for February 20th. And now, an article from The Wall Street Journal confirms the likelyhood of the proposed date is indeed most likely to be the launch of the new Playstation Console, codenamed "Orbis".

PS4 confirmed by Wall Street Journal

Cited in the article, 'people familiar with the matter" have told them that the new Playstation console will indeed make its debut during the event, and the new console will indeed be on sale this year in time for the holidays, and will announce its offical name at the same time.

Also a report from The Edge who say they have learned of the PS4\Orbis, also wrote that it will be released sometime this year for the U.S & Japanese market, following with the U.K market later in early 2014. Its also mentioned that the PS4 controllers will come with a touchpad for the start and select buttons, and a new 'Share' button is added, which will allow screenshots to be taken as well as being able to record & save up to " the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action". You would then be able to edit and share them via the consoles sharing functions. The Edge also mentions that the Orbis, is supposedly more powerful than the next Microsoft console, codenamed "Durango".


http://ap.ign.com/en/news/4817/ps4-confirmed-by-wall-street-journal-

So end of November, in time for Christmas mad panic then...that will make shopping a pleasant experience won't it?

They did the same thing with the PS3, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the price tag for the system will be in the $600-700 range (wouldn't be surprised to see a special edition PS3 compatible version either). I shall do the same thing I had last time, wait until they iron out the problems and Gran Turismo 6 or GTA 5 (technically GTA 7) hits the shelves.
 
No way in hell it costs $600+. There are limits to madness, even for Sony. In this economy, after the perception PS3 has, that would be suicide.

Or maybe we'll have a new meme - "Six hundred Ninety Nine Dollars !!!!" :)

My guess - $450, upgrades to PSN to make it more cloudy, streaming for games you already own but tied to your PSN account (thus killing used games), a few prerendered game demos but no actual gameplay, Vita Slim.
 
So end of November, in time for Christmas mad panic then...that will make shopping a pleasant experience won't it?

They did the same thing with the PS3, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the price tag for the system will be in the $600-700 range (wouldn't be surprised to see a special edition PS3 compatible version either). I shall do the same thing I had last time, wait until they iron out the problems and Gran Turismo 6 or GTA 5 (technically GTA 7) hits the shelves.

GTA 5 is not for next gen...
 
It's gonna be $399.
at e3
You wont hear about it tomorrow.
Or maybe you will, who knows.
 
I think a lack of significant leaks is a good indicator that Sony isn't going to show much tomorrow...
 
Last edited:
I think a lack to significant leaks is a good indicator that Sony isn't going to show much tomorrow...

Or maybe for once in their lives they can keep something under wraps.

Also, I forsee lame Activision releasing CoD on "next gen" consoles with the SAME engine.. BUT!!! oh snap!!! 1080p and anti aliasing... lmao. I'll call it now. Basically what PC's had years and years ago for CoD. And it will sell like hot cakes.
 
Or maybe for once in their lives they can keep something under wraps.

Also, I forsee lame Activision releasing CoD on "next gen" consoles with the SAME engine.. BUT!!! oh snap!!! 1080p and anti aliasing... lmao. I'll call it now. Basically what PC's had years and years ago for CoD. And it will sell like hot cakes.

You can take a lot of the current gen games, make them native 1080P, add lots of AA/AF and they would look great.
 
You can take a lot of the current gen games, make them native 1080P, add lots of AA/AF and they would look great.

But lots of current gen games (The ones that can be played on PC too) still don't look that great. They would definitely need to up the textures and everything to go with it. All I am saying is that CoD looks like garbage now and is not worthy of "next gen" moniker if they do bring the same engine. Without IW, Treyarch would be nothing.

Also, I much rather have 60fps gaming than 30. Especially when it comes to FPS on the playstation. Killzone looked good but played terrible, not only because the stupid dead zone for the controlling, but the frames dropped like mad.
 
Back
Top