Sony a7r fullfarme Mirrorless Camera $199.99+tax+shiping ($2500 camera @ 95% OFF)

That's not how it works. I've seen this at my job and I've seen it with a relative who didn't get billed for several months. They ate all but the most recent month or 2.

To be blunt, the cost of rebilling past bills isn't worth it, unless you're a huge customer. Once the next bill has run, going back and billing an older cycle is a huge effort. If your bill was $1000 it still wouldn't be worth it.

Just out of curiosity what industries are your examples from and how outdated is the software that is being used that a statement cannot be prepared based on a simple customer name and date query?

Just out of curiosity what industries are your examples from and how outdated is the software that is being used that a statement cannot be prepared based on a simple customer name and date query?

Wireless. Brand new software. The person was billed. They were billed $0.00. That amount was incorrect. You can't simply say, "Oops we made a mistake, lets rebill that customer." It the bills since then and we'd likely end up with late fees for something that was just billed (which we can't legally charge them).

If we make a mistake and it's not caught and fixed before the next billing the customer won't get billed.

Now that's for Post pay. For Prepaid, we may bill you. But even then, we often did not (even when it involved hundreds, or even thousands, of customers).

No, you have no idea how it works. I'm sure you will in a few years with experience.

Just because you have service from a company and they do not provide you with a bill on time doesn't give you the right to forgo payment. When I was a lot younger Comcast stopped billing me for 8 months and I never said a thing. Service just kept being provided. I went into the Comcast Customer physical store and returned the equipment and asked to cancel my service. The rep presented me with a full bill for the past 8 months of service that I never paid.

They got a bill for $0.00. What's more, the system said they owed $0.00. That said, if they can't show they sent you a bill, you can fight it. If you have autobill it's on them, not you.

And I've got 20 years experience in this industry.

You say that for your company, but can you apply that universally solely based on your experiences? I kind of doubt it. Comcast obviously doesn't care about how crappy their billing systems are, as they seem to get my bill wrong consistently (and with relative impunity).

That said, Comcast uses BRM, that software is buggy as hell. I'm not sure how there implementation is, but IME, it was pretty easy for billing to get out of whack. A friend got free service for 2 years (ending only because he moved). He was not billed for the free service.

Another friend got free service at a gym for about a year. They caught it and told her she'd have to pay going forward, but they wouldn't bill her for past dues.

Edit:
Didn't realize this was in [H]ot Deals. If anyone really wants to discuss this further, PM me.

Last edited:
What the hell is going on in this thread.

Did anyone actually get an a7r shipped?

The camera was accidentally delivered to him and FedEx went to pick the package back up, but he lied and said he didn't have it anymore.

Is there anyone from Slickdeals who isn't a lying, piece of shit scumbag?

The camera was accidentally delivered to him and FedEx went to pick the package back up

Like it wasn't even actually for him?

Or it was the one he ordered at the incorrect, low, price and Sony tried to stop the delivery, etc, etc?

Sony tried to recall delivery after it was delivered.

Ahhh, I hate Sony.
I ordered a NEX-7 from sony.com at a good but not great price. They called me up a few days later, said they didn't have any more NEX-7's, but would I like a NEX-5 for the same price?
No, I didn't order a bait-n-switch, thank you.

Ahhh, I hate Sony.
I ordered a NEX-7 from sony.com at a good but not great price. They called me up a few days later, said they didn't have any more NEX-7's, but would I like a NEX-5 for the same price?
No, I didn't order a bait-n-switch, thank you.

lol

Hearing all this from Sony, it's pretty clear nobody was ever going to get away with this "deal" on the mis-pricing. haha

This would be the deal of the century if anyone actually got one. I recently bought an A6000 and I love the camera. I need some better lenses but it's a great camera.

Like it wasn't even actually for him?

Or it was the one he ordered at the incorrect, low, price and Sony tried to stop the delivery, etc, etc?

But really whose fault is it at that point? I don't think many people here would willingly hand back a camera after they received it an opened it.

This would be the deal of the century if anyone actually got one. I recently bought an A6000 and I love the camera. I need some better lenses but it's a great camera.

I want the A7S but I want internal 4K recording. Waiting for a second revision.
I may try the A6000 as a stop gap.

What's the difference between the full frame and the A6000? Besides the massive price tag of course.

Me too. I found it funny that they listed the reason for cancellation as "item no longer available" :rolleyes:

I notice they haven't had it for sale since.

Policy must be to "stop the bleeding" until they get all cancellations processed.

What's the difference between the full frame and the A6000? Besides the massive price tag of course.

Long story short, full frame captures more detail and performs much better in low light conditions due to having a much larger sensor.

Some say that a hobbyist photographer isn't going to have a use for a full frame camera, but once you go full frame, there really is no going back; anything less just feels like a compromise.

That being said, I do own a crop sensor camera (the A6000) for when I need a little more discretion and less weight, like when traveling. These mirrorless full frame cameras are basically the best of both worlds; small and lightweight while equipped with a massive sensor that captures a ton of detail and performs well in less than ideal lighting conditions.

I'm planning on ditching my DSLR for good when Sony's rumored 50MP full frame mirrorless camera finally sees the light of day.

They sent me a cancellation email and then a day later they starting sending me spam, asking me to review the camera as if I had already received it!

Back