sonic wall wierdness

Zedicus

[H]ard|Gawd
i recently got a sonic wall dumped on me and it has been a couple years since i was truly a fire wall admin. all the pictures (and my memory) said there should be a 'configuration' button on this screen or a section for trusted domains even. but i see neither. did that stuff get moved in a recent update?

Capture.JPG

I think its under RBL filter now

RBL Filter is for the Realtime Blacklist, which doesn't have what the OP is looking for. Trusted domains should only appear and be usable as an option if you have the option "Restrict Web Features" enabled. Trusted domains ignores the restrict web features for
ActiveX/Java/Cookies/Access to HTTP Proxy Servers.

HOWEVER - this option is removed in CFS 4.0. https://www.sonicwall.com/en-us/support/knowledge-base/170505725099633

What is the model of the NSA and what is the current OS and firmware version? Can you get a screengrab (while scrubbing proprietary information) from the main status screen with the overall system information?

Based on your screenshot, you are looking for the recently moved CFS policies. They are now under "Firewall", then "Content Filter Objects".

Sonicwall.JPG

it is now located in the firewall section under content filter (mostly). as Boss stated. that move goes against logic. and it is not quite the same as the previous incarnations. also of note, a department re-org took place so i handed the sonicwall off to the 'network admin'.

If you do run into anything you need assistance with, I would be happy to help, and am very familiar with Sonicwalls.

Back