Sonata II Standard PSU OK?

i wouldnt risk it. Its $100 more to get a legit psu, one that wont take everything down with it.

I'd think it should be able to handle it. It's not like it's a crappy psu. IF you aren't oc'ing, it should be ok.

Bbq said:
I'd think it should be able to handle it. It's not like it's a crappy psu. IF you aren't oc'ing, it should be ok.
I will be doing a little overclock, nothing pushing the limits or anything.

How about this one? Cost 2x as much though.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140120

jcll2002 said:
i wouldnt risk it. Its $100 more to get a legit psu, one that wont take everything down with it.
What is wrong with antec supplies Antec is not legit?

I thought they were decent/good.

I was more worried about the 450w than I was about the brand.....

I just want a mid tower case with a decent PSU. I really don't want to spend 300 bucks for a case and PSU... I have done that before and IMO it is a waste for what I do with my computers.

I highly doubt the psu is going to be a problem. I've run my pc (opteron oc'd to 2.8, 7800gt, 2 hard drives) on a forton 300w, without any problems.

Why not try something similar to a P150, which comes with the Antec NeoHE?

Bbq said:
I highly doubt the psu is going to be a problem. I've run my pc (opteron oc'd to 2.8, 7800gt, 2 hard drives) on a forton 300w, without any problems.

Why not try something similar to a P150, which comes with the Antec NeoHE?
You are running 7800gt in SLI?

I think the SLI is what the issue is....

After reading the prefered PSU thread they are saying you need around 34a on the 12v rail.??

Grrr... I hate not knowing what you really need.

You need to list your entire config. We don't know if you're going to be running two 6600GTs in SLI or two 7900GTXs.

_Korruption_ said:
You need to list your entire config. We don't know if you're going to be running two 6600GTs in SLI or two 7900GTXs.
Me either :p , but I am leaning towards an opteron 165, 2gb ram, 2hd's, 1CD, keyboard, mouse, USB hub, joystick, and probably two 7800gt's or something in that price realm.

Two 7800GTs? I would upgrade the PSU then. Besides, it only has one six-pin PCI-E connection.

Back