Somtings wrong with this picture!

GuitarWizzard

Limp Gawd
I have nothing running in the background? Ive noticed it being slow today, and then i noticed this! Its stuck at 100% all the time??

windows.JPG

go to start, run, type: msconfig

You should uncheck most of them.

Also download Spybot - Search & Destroy and get rid of all the spyware you have on your cpu. It should help majorly.

when you click the processes tab isn't there a way to see what's using the bulk of the CPU cycles? like arrange by cpu usage or something? (sorry i don't run windows to check this)

Originally posted by MTB2Live,Live4Comps
when you click the processes tab isn't there a way to see what's using the bulk of the CPU cycles? like arrange by cpu usage or something? (sorry i don't run windows to check this)

Yes, clicking the processes tab should show you which program is taking up your CPU cycles and memory usage. I also suggest you run msconfig, go to the startup tab, and uncheck all of the unnecessary programs, as well as defrag and run a spyware program.

He has 27 processes but you should always check for spyware and startup programs, cuz those will slow down pc majorly.

This is wierd, but when i try to download either spybot or ad-aware, i sit at the download page forever, and it times out?! im suspecting foul play:mad:

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=104443&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Copy and paste that :)

Oh man, i cant believe im even saying this.:( I was playing UT2004 before, and i exited. Somehow the ut2k4.exe was still running! Damn beta demos!

restart your computer?!

worth a shot, and spybot/adaware help a lot

also run your antivirus program to be safe

Originally posted by GuitarWizzard
Oh man, i cant believe im even saying this.:( I was playing UT2004 before, and i exited. Somehow the ut2k4.exe was still running! Damn beta demos!

LOL

One more thing, i realy cant download spybot or ad-aware at downloads.com. It just sits there and times out?

Back