Somewhat of a Mac Noob

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
So at work I have a dual G5 Xeon sitting next to me and it has 3 Geforce 7300's in it. My question is, why?

What purpose does that serve and is there anything i can do that would take advantage of that?

Firstly you have a Power Mac G5 DP (two power pc G5 processors) or you have a Mac Pro with a xeon in it, you can't have both.

Secondly this all depends. I have a Powermac G5 2.3Ghz DC sitting under my desk. It runs OS X server 10.5 and serves as a testing platform for a few things, and also serves as the remote support tool for all of our Mac clients. It also serves as my iPhone Dev box, and pretty much any other function I would need a mac for.

My Macbook laptop is the same way.

Basically figure out a use for it, or deploy it to someone who might have a use for it.

Firstly you have a Power Mac G5 DP (two power pc G5 processors) or you have a Mac Pro with a xeon in it, you can't have both.

When i read his first sentence, i thought WOW that's one of a kind :)

LOL

The three 7300s are probably so the former owner could connect multiple displays (above two) to the box. Typical method of connecting multiple displays is multiple graphics cards, up until recently, anyway.

I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Just let me know where I can pick it up. :)

Back