Sometimes less is more

Didn't know the [H] still had a few iSheep around LOL :). I thought most tech geeks have woken up by now.

Didn't know the [H] still had a few iSheep around LOL :). I thought most tech geeks have woken up by now.

Fastest Phone
Great Display
Healthiest App Market
Great OS (reluctant to say that...)
Small Form Factor (still being a big selling point)

Out side of modding a phone (which isn't that big yet) there isn't much reason not to go with Apple. I personally do not because I love the modding community of android but if I didn't, I'd for sure go iPhone I bet.

The small form factor could just as easily be the negative. Point is if you go android you can pick any size you please, with apple you get no choice at all. No removable battery, I can name 4 apple users who went android after they were stuck with a useless iPhone that died quickly because of the sealed battery. Expandable storage, is another one. Any particular desires for a hardware keyboard, etc..

The reality its pretty much the opposite the only reason you go with an iPhone is if you really dont care much about anything and figure any phone will do. You have no specifics about the form factor. Or you just happen to be someone who really does love a small phone. The reality is the vast majority of android users never root or mod anything but yet they are shipping over 70% of phones. Clearly the modding community is not driving android sales.

I was using Samsung Galaxy gave it up and then bought I.Phone 4S but after some time, i gave it up also. Then I bought Tablet and using it currently. As it suits with my desires and usage thats why I think that its best.

Imho, 4.8 - 5inches is absolutely max for a phone, actually I'd rather Android manufacturers start focusing on hardware specs and battery life rather than dropping in the biggest display.

When I first got the Note II I was afraid of the size, but I loved all the specs. I had a month to give it a spin so I would decide in that time if it was for me. I am able to fit it comfortably in my front left jean pocket with a pack of cigarettes. Slipping it in and out of the pocket is no problem as well. I ride a motorcycle most of the time so it had to be comfortable in a riding position. Well the month has expired and I am now going on 2.5 months. I am very comfortable knowing I am stuck with this phone for the next couple of years.

Also, it gets superb battery life. I was quite honestly impressed by how good it is.

The gf loves using it to surf around. She says it feels awkward though when using it to make a call. She says it feels like she is holding a frisbee next to her head.

Staring at it daily it doesn't seem big anymore. Until, someone hands me another phone then I'm all like how the fuck do you use this thing?

Fastest Phone
Great Display
Healthiest App Market
Great OS (reluctant to say that...)
Small Form Factor (still being a big selling point)

Out side of modding a phone (which isn't that big yet) there isn't much reason not to go with Apple. I personally do not because I love the modding community of android but if I didn't, I'd for sure go iPhone I bet.

pretty much sums it up, I had an Atrix and a sgs2 and they were ok but both of those android phones ran slow, hot, couldn't get a full day use out of them without charging throughout the day, and having to run antivirus on my phone because of all the half assed shady apps pissed me off, been very happy with my iPhone 5 it does all I need it do very well (email, text, facebook, camera)

as for quality well lets face it it doesn't matter what brand of phone you have it all depends how it lands when you drop it and what it lands on, ive always used a case more for grip than drop protection both my iphone and android phones took alot of drops and made it just fine, i find the size if the iphone 5 to be perfect, the sgs2 was ok but the sgs3 is too big, i have a tablet when i need it, i want my phone to fit in my pocket

When I first got the Note II I was afraid of the size, but I loved all the specs. I had a month to give it a spin so I would decide in that time if it was for me. I am able to fit it comfortably in my front left jean pocket with a pack of cigarettes. Slipping it in and out of the pocket is no problem as well. I ride a motorcycle most of the time so it had to be comfortable in a riding position. Well the month has expired and I am now going on 2.5 months. I am very comfortable knowing I am stuck with this phone for the next couple of years.

Also, it gets superb battery life. I was quite honestly impressed by how good it is.

The gf loves using it to surf around. She says it feels awkward though when using it to make a call. She says it feels like she is holding a frisbee next to her head.

Staring at it daily it doesn't seem big anymore. Until, someone hands me another phone then I'm all like how the fuck do you use this thing?

Totally agree. I'm on my 4th day carrying mine around while working off this beer truck and I'm having no problems. It fits in my cargo pocket of my shorts easily and fits in the front right pocket of my pants that I never wear. I know it's there more than my T-bolt but it's not cumbersome.

I am more gentle with it cause I "feel" like it's more fragile and that I'm gonna break it.

The battery life is superb. I take it off the charger around 6AM and by 11PM when I hook it back up I've still got 40% battery despite a LOT of 4G Internet browsing.

And it is funny how cute and little "normal" phones look now. I can't even use my wife's iPhone anymore. LOL

Honestly if it was a little smaller it would be easier for me to lug around but for the specs and screen size, the trade off is worth it cause now that I've had this 5.5" screen goodness I don't think I can go back.

Whenever I hear someone saying the Note 2 is too big, I automatically think they're still living in the 90's.

It's not that big of a phone and you're kidding yourself if you think 5.5"+ phones are going away.

pretty much sums it up, I had an Atrix and a sgs2 and they were ok but both of those android phones ran slow, hot, couldn't get a full day use out of them without charging throughout the day, and having to run antivirus on my phone because of all the half assed shady apps [I downloaded] pissed me off, been very happy with my iPhone 5 it does all I need it do very well (email, text, facebook, camera)

as for quality well lets face it it doesn't matter what brand of phone you have it all depends how it lands when you drop it and what it lands on, ive always used a case more for grip than drop protection both my iphone and android phones took alot of drops and made it just fine, i find the size if the iphone 5 to be perfect, the sgs2 was ok but the sgs3 is too big, i have a tablet when i need it, i want my phone to fit in my pocket

Hmm...Ya think there might be a connection here?
The reason I find your criticisms difficult to take seriously is that the Atrix had one of the higher capacity batteries (and commensurately well-reviewed endurance) on the market when it was released.

Sounds more like user choices may have led to your poor battery life. Apple simply doesn't give the user a lot of the choices android does...Evidently it prevents a lot of ID-10T errors.

Whenever I hear someone saying the Note 2 is too big, I automatically think they're still living in the 90's.

It's not that big of a phone and you're kidding yourself if you think 5.5"+ phones are going away.

Been with my Note 2 for two weeks now, before that had Galaxy Nexus. I have become totally used to this size, feels like a normal phone to me now.

Now my Galaxy Nexus, feels so small, and tiny. And an iPhone is like a wristwatch.

Note 2 is not too large, whatsoever.

Been with my Note 2 for two weeks now, before that had Galaxy Nexus. I have become totally used to this size, feels like a normal phone to me now.

Now my Galaxy Nexus, feels so small, and tiny. And an iPhone is like a wristwatch.

Note 2 is not too large, whatsoever.

Another Note 2 owner here. I handled my TB the other day to do the ICS upgrade for fun and I was like, WHAT IS THIS THING?!?!? It felt so strange in my hand.

I think the Note2 is the size limit for me though. The rumored 6"+ Note3? No thanks. ;)

Also once you use the S-Pen for awhile and get some key apps, it becomes indispensable.

I had a SII, then went to a Incredible, Incredible 2, Note. Loved the Note just got tired of fucking with BustedRobot for everything. Packaging together a modem, kernel, etc over and over to try and fix stupid little things that bothered me got old. At the same time I had a TF101, and Nook Color, then a TF300T. Same issues.

Went to a iPhone 4 and hated it. Had it two or three months and decided to give the Lumia 920 a try. Wow. This phone is amazing. Just needs more app love which is slowly getting there. This phone is the perfect size for me and feels like a solid piece of tech.

Apple simply doesn't give the user a lot of the choices android does...Evidently it prevents a lot of ID-10T errors.

I can believe it; I'll read app reviews, check for any Lookout comments and make sure any third-party sites I download from are reputable before installing anything. It almost surprises me how many people say they end up with some type of malware on their phone, but then I remember that they're only human and nothing 's idiot-proof.

Just because it's a different platform (as opposed to a pc) doesn't mean you can toss out caution when it comes to being secure.

Another Note 2 owner here. I handled my TB the other day to do the ICS upgrade for fun and I was like, WHAT IS THIS THING?!?!? It felt so strange in my hand.

I think the Note2 is the size limit for me though. The rumored 6"+ Note3? No thanks. ;)

Also once you use the S-Pen for awhile and get some key apps, it becomes indispensable.

Came from a T-bolt too, and yeah it feels like one of those phones from 1999 now. LOL

What apps are you using the S-pen for? I've played with it and written a couple notes but aside from that I can't think of when I'd need it. Don't get me wrong, I want to need it cause it's cool as shit. :D

Came from a T-bolt too, and yeah it feels like one of those phones from 1999 now. LOL

What apps are you using the S-pen for? I've played with it and written a couple notes but aside from that I can't think of when I'd need it. Don't get me wrong, I want to need it cause it's cool as shit. :D

I use it for note taking and also for writing chinese. Also extremely awesome when someone is giving you some numbers or something and you just pull out the pen and jot it down instead of scrambling for a piece of paper and pen. :D

Hmm...Ya think there might be a connection here?
The reason I find your criticisms difficult to take seriously is that the Atrix had one of the higher capacity batteries (and commensurately well-reviewed endurance) on the market when it was released.

Sounds more like user choices may have led to your poor battery life. Apple simply doesn't give the user a lot of the choices android does...Evidently it prevents a lot of ID-10T errors.

While I see where he is coming from, the atrix still lasts me 8 hours of heavey usage and only gets slightly warm under heavey use.

The battery on this thing still competes with some mid range phones, not bad for a 2011 phone.

I've sent many people on excursions for ID-10T forms, only one person knew what it was.

Back