Sometimes Internet Explorer address bar extremely slow to type

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

Sometimes in Internet Explorer when I go to type in a link even though I type fast it starts displaying very slowly. Eventually it clicks and goes really quick, I have seen this with slow systems but the computer this happens on isnt slow. I'm sure this is probably a pretty common problem with an easy fix but I'm not quite sure.

BTW I dont have any viruses, spyware, or anything bad on the system. I am using IE 6.0 and have all MS updates.

This happens to me occasionally it is usally because your cpu is busy. What are you system specs and what are you running in the background?

Its a work computer, 2.4GHz P4, 256MB RAM normally McAfee, Trillian, Outlook, Novell client, and few other apps are running.

This rarely happens to me on my 0.8ghz computer.

The reason is that IE6 is dedicating its time on trying to load a picture............. but for some reason it just does'nt load it fast....

Just a glitch i think.

Does your home page (or the page IE starts out with) have any pictures?

~Hope this helps a bit

xphantg0d said:
This happens to me occasionally it is usally because your cpu is busy. What are you system specs and what are you running in the background?

This is the common reason for this. It's usually just some glitch and a process has decided to take up 100% of the CPU for a brief period of time. Unless it happens a lot, I would not worry about it.

aug1516 said:
This is the common reason for this. It's usually just some glitch and a process has decided to take up 100% of the CPU for a brief period of time. Unless it happens a lot, I would not worry about it.
Ya unless this is happening all the time it is pretty normal i mean it has even happened on my 3.0ghz rig two or three times.

Mine does this too, I always wondering what was causing it. I wouldn't worry about it... I noticed it does it mainly if I go to type immediately after IE loaded. By the way, I don't think it has to do with the speed of your computer, it's a 2.26Ghz

Taskmanager, sort by cpu usage and you'll probably find an IE process chewing up 99% of cpu usage. Kill it off.

Back