sometimes good temps, sometimes bad.. wierd alternating

dcswd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
189
To start here are the relevant parts of my system:
AMD 64 3400+ with a Thermaltake Pipe101 heatsink and 92mm Thermaltake fan hooked up to the cpu/mobo header

MSI K8T Neo2-FIR (not platinum) motherboard
Chemming/Chieftec style case, with three 80mm fan intakes, and two exausts. No top fan though, there is a bit of a hot spot in the top of the case by the power supply, and I will try and cool that soon.


Okay, so my temperatures are a bit weird. I use speedfan to read them. I also have all of the latest driver updates and bios upgrades. My system temp is always read at 31 or 32 degrees C. Most of the time my CPU is at 38 to 43 degrees C at idle and up to 48 at load.

I thought my temps used to be lower than this, and they jumped up. Anyways, those are the temps ive been seeing for the past few weeks or more.

But, maybe once a week I will start up speed fan and see low temps. Just today I had it on and my temps read as System: 32C, CPU 23C Idle, and after running SuperPi to 8million digits, the CPU only got up to 30degrees C. It seems odd that there would be such a big difference. This was around midday. I turned off the computer and left for a few hours and when I returned the temps were back to being real high.



So does anyone have ideas on whats going on? Are the temperature sensors just reading incorrectly some or most of the time? What should I do about this?


Thanks for the help
 
Back
Top