Something's eating up HDD space

Crimson Tear

Limp Gawd
As the title says, something is mysteriously draining my HDD space. I'm talking like 5 gigs in a couple days. I have a separate partition for Windows XP that was 10GB, but I upped it to 15 a couple days ago. It is now full again and I don't put anything on that drive. Following the size of the folders led me to C:\Documents and Settings\Dane, but none of the folders (including the hidden ones) are over 150MB while the "Dane" folder says that it is nearly 9GB. Can anyone tell me what's going on here. I thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I downloaded Panda and it's finding all kinds of nasties. Seems like this W32/Gaobot.KQS.worm has reiterated itself thousands of times. I'm at 4.5k and not even 1/4 of the way through. I would have deleted this thread, but I couldn't figure it out. Sorry.

Ouch, wow....if I were you, I'd just format. Would probably take less time, and if you're that infested, it'd be safer anyway.

Nah, it wasn't too bad to clear it all out. Panda went through and neudered everything, then I deleted them in groups of about 1,000. Took about an hour. 9GB of 512KB files, about 18,500 files.

Jumpin' Jim Jeffords, that's one hell of an infection.

Somewhere, Ice Czar is shedding a tear.

Back