Something to make you laugh

ericeash

n00b
in lieu of my coming 8800gts, i figured i would try my current setup with 3dmark03. i've slowly been building my new computer for the past year, and now have everything but a decent video card. here's my setup.

DFI Expert
Opty 165 @ 2.7
2GB G.Skill HZ DDR540 @ 3-4-3-7
Nvidia FX5200
1.5TB Sata
20GB IDE

so running 3dmark03 off the 20gb ide which is like 5 years old, since i'm still waiting on 2 sata drives to finally build a raid setup, i ended up with............1146 3D marks, how hot is that, lol!

1100 in 3D03 isnt to shabby for that card, I have seen one only achieve an 800. He was a friend and i promptly made a spray showing his score for CS he didnt think it was so funny... either way nice setup. Are the HD's that are coming are they 750's?

Hard drive speed isn't part of the 3DMark tests afaik, so that low score is purely due to the fx5200. Believe me, I've seen worse. ^_^

-=Antimatter=- said:
Hard drive speed isn't part of the 3DMark tests afaik, so that low score is purely due to the fx5200. Believe me, I've seen worse. ^_^

I wonder how my FX5600 would run :)

I can at least play WoW at 1680x1050... can't wait till I build a new computer... I miss my other one already.

El Crackador said:
1100 in 3D03 isnt to shabby for that card, I have seen one only achieve an 800. He was a friend and i promptly made a spray showing his score for CS he didnt think it was so funny... either way nice setup. Are the HD's that are coming are they 750's?

thanks, it will definately be nice once i get the 8800gts that my wife is buying me for christmas. the hdds are 6 - 250gb drives. 4 in raid 5, and 2 in raid 0 for os. one arrived broke and one still hasn't arrived. i'd love to upgrade to 750s, but the cash isn't there yet. i'm thinking by christmas next year, i should be able to afford enough for around 5TB, plus prices will be way cheaper then too.

Back