• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Something related to Trillian software.

PLmatt91

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
450
I used AIM and MSN a lot before, then I switched to Trillain, and now I switched back to AIM and MSN separtely because the Trillian controlls and IM's were getting me a little mad... Is there any thing else out there that is close to Trillian?
 
That crashed my computer last time before. I put in a file. It said to reboot it and then it crashed on me and I lost ALL of my info.
 
PLmatt91 said:
That crashed my computer last time before. I put in a file. It said to reboot it and then it crashed on me and I lost ALL of my info.

uhh.. hehe

I don't think I've ever had a problem with gaim like that before. How long aso was that?
 
I also use game, uses hardly any resources. Can be configured to be minimalistic, which is my style. I used to use trillian, but that app became more and more bloated with each update.
 
The only good thing about GAIM is that it's cross-platform, but on Win32 Miranda is the overall winner, hands down.

miranda-mem.png
 
eloj said:
The only good thing about GAIM is that it's cross-platform, but on Win32 Miranda is the overall winner, hands down.

miranda-mem.png

Does the latest night build support the latest OSCAR protocol yet (it's been years since they said they have been "adding" support for OSCAR)?
 
I'm in the same boat. Gaim was great for me when I used just AIM. However, whenever I tried to add my MSN info in, it would crash. I just switched back to Trillian, and it does the trick. I've never used Miranda though.
 
djnes said:
I'm in the same boat. Gaim was great for me when I used just AIM. However, whenever I tried to add my MSN info in, it would crash. I just switched back to Trillian, and it does the trick. I've never used Miranda though.

I believe the newest beta (2.0 Beta 3.1 or something) fixes the MSN issue. I think the problem was that MSN changed some of it's network infomation on login so when GAIM went to use the old login, confusion between the GAIM client and MSN server surfaced causing GAIM to crash.

That OSCAR plugin for Miranda is a joke. Still nothing better than GAIM for me I guess...
 
> That OSCAR plugin for Miranda is a joke.

As in "You can't log on and send messages"; or what?
 
No it's just whenever I go to check some one's away message/info, the plugin opens up internet explorer to display my buddy's info. I mean its better than nothing, but surely doesn't match gaim.
 
I've used both Miranda and Gaim, but Gaim is the winner - just don't try to do AIM file transfers. It supposedly improved greatly after last year's Summer of Code, but file transfers are still the flakiest thing in the AIM protocol implementation Gaim uses.
 
i tried to use gaim but when i tried to log into msn, it'd always stop at the 'getting cookie' part. then i get a windows explorer message that gaim needs to be shut down.

any ideas?
 
BillLeeLee said:
I've used both Miranda and Gaim, but Gaim is the winner - just don't try to do AIM file transfers. It supposedly improved greatly after last year's Summer of Code, but file transfers are still the flakiest thing in the AIM protocol implementation Gaim uses.

Really? Because with the beta the file transfers work for me, just not direct connect. :confused:
 
I use miranda because I don't mind the so called problems people have with it and it's beautiful if customized correctly.
 
I use trillian on my home computer. I set up a custom skin for myself, too in love with it to switch to GAIM. I do have portable GAIM on my thumbdrive though, I love it to death. I've never had a problem where I couldn't log in on either of them. Only thing is, file transfers are an anybody's guess scenario. You really have no idea if it's actually going to tranfer until it starts sending.
 
Back
Top