• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Something better than my Eizo FS2331?

CoolColJ

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
159
Looking to see if there is anything as good as my Eizo FS2331 as far as contrast and black levels go, and colours, but with faster responce times and better viewing angles.
I believe the FS2331 is a CPVA panel with 3000:1 static contrast ratio and has very deep CRT level blacks.

The motion blur on it is starting to bother me now that I'm getting into more video editing and shooting videos with my cameras. The strobby pans is pretty annoying.
I also game quite a bit and edit photos as well, plus watch movies off course :)

Same size is OK, 23 inches, but 24-27 inches is even better
 
Last edited:
The latest AMVA panels seem to be faster and suitable for gaming according to reviews. Philips has quite a few monitors with that type of panel, though I'm not sure how their quality control might compare to Eizo in general. Though a forumer does have a Philips 273P3QPY and seems to be very happy with it, and the display even supports 75 Hz for additional smoothness while gaming:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1724958&highlight=273p3qpy
 
Thanks

Well the EIzo FS2331 is great no doubt, it was perfect out of the box, zero dead pixels and back light bleed. Looked just as good as the 21 inch Sony and Lacie Trinitron CRT I used to have next to it, as far as contrast, colours and blacks go.
I've done 10800+ hours on it now, and still going strong.

But it's just not fast enough for me now, pretty noticable ghosting and motion blur. Didn't bother me before because I mainly played RTS games, and didn't fiddle with video.
 
Back
Top