• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

something about over 230mhz fsb problem..?

doox00

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
3,479
I thought i saw somewhere at one point how some system will be unstable at above 230fsb? My system is at 230fsb and perfectly stable, my 3500+ venice on a dfi lanparty ultra-d board. If i go to 231, I am unstable. My ht is at 920mhz (not at home right now so not totally sure on all my bios settings) I am running 1:1 divider, upped the vcore a notch on the cpu and a notch on the ram as well. When I was overclocking each part to determine max mhz (the wonderful athlon 64 oc guide here), I know the ram was at like 260 or higher and still no errors. So what is this over 230 mhz fsb problem that I seem to be having. My cpu runs at 34c idle, never goes over high 30's to 40c on full load.
 
KaptainBlaZzed said:
if you are usind SATA HD's you need to put them on the locked ports. ie 3 and 4

Ahh, that was it.. dang.. I have them on 1 and 2 now. I do not recall what controller it is for ports 3 and 4. Is the nvidia sata controller better? I know nvidia controller is ports 1 and 2.
 
Is this issue common with Nforce boards? I have an NF8 that won't crack more than 230, and there are only 2 SATA connectors on board..
 
Back
Top