Something a bit better than the diff command?

Morlock

Limp Gawd
A piece of software is giving me headaches. It stores files in two places, far too many for me to analyze with mark 1 eyeball. And it's arbitrarily losing some of these files when it feels like it (which it isn't meant to do). I want to get a good grasp of what the software is doing, so I need something that can:

1. Compare 2 selected directory sets (I need to be able to exclude or include subfolders, because one of the directories in question is nested inside the other), create a list of files that are present in one, but not the other.
2. Save the selected directory sets, so I don't have to navigate down through a bunch of directories every time I fire up the something.
3. Keep records of each survey, so I can see over time what the software is doing.

If you know an application that can do some or all of this, please let me know.

I just remembered I have freeware for taking shapshots before and after installing software, but I can't remember the name of it, so I can't search my huge mess of a downloads folder for it.

Edit: I think it was ZSoft Uninstaller. Unfortunately, I don't think it does what I need.

Last edited:
Back