Someone Recreated Doom 2 Using the Diablo 2 Engine

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Even if the thought of playing Doom 2 as an isometric ARPG never crossed your mind, I suppose the author of “Doomiablo” deserves at least some praise for his ingenuity: as you could presume, it’s a mod that turns one of id’s finest into one of Blizzard’s finest. While the level design may be Diablo, the sound and sprites are certainly Doom.

It's the work of YouTuber DolloM, who has dubbed the mash-up Doomiablo. It's definitely a work in progress, and they're currently seeking feedback in the YouTube comments section. It'll be interesting to see if this can someday evolve from mere novelty into a game that'd be fun to play, but for the time being it's fun to see how flexible the ye olde Diablo 2 engine is capable of being.

Little late to the party OP, played this a couple years ago. Accept, the one I played called Doomablo was still based on Mars rather than in the D2 world.

Looks pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of an Origin game from 15-20 years ago called Crusaders (although that game was probably turn based). Cool game.

Meh... I remember downloading Classic Doom mod for Doom 3 near the time it had first come out.. Along with the remastered audio tracks that were another add on mod. That was an amazing experience since I grew up with Shareware Doom. I have held legal copies of the original games in the "Win Doom " format that I got right before Doom 3 came out. It was a promotional Re release I think since it had a Doom 3 trailer disc, and have had Doom 3 since it came out.

I kept reading the title as "somebody recreated Doom 2 with the Doom 2 engine" Kept trying to figure out what I was missing as that shouldn't be that hard of a thing to do. haha

Back