Someone recommend me a tablet PC

ullyeus

Supreme [H]ardness
ALLLOOO all,

I am going to be purchasing a tablet PC this weekend and was hoping to get some advice. It will be for med school, taking notes n shit. Normally I would try reading a couple of hundred reviews but don't really have time.

weight is important, less than 2kg or so. Screen size isn't that big of a deal. Money isn't really an object.

It won't be used for gaming, doesn't need a cddrive, small harddrive is okay. no brand preference.

GIMMIE SOME OPTIONS PEOPLE!

gateway just came out with a 14 inch widescreen tablet, and im sure the thinkpad tablet, although expensive, would be a good choice for school/business.

if you wouldnt mind a 10.4 inch screen, i would look at the HP tc1100 tablet pc, read good reviews recently

The Compaq tc1100 Tablet PC. It is a true tablet but comes with a usb keyboard that turns it into a normal laptop. One of my friends has one of the early one of these from a few years ago that runs the Transmeta chip in it and loves it. The new ones run pentium m chips so they should be pretty fast.

dont buy gateway anything EVER. no computers from HP. buy a Lenovo (ibm) or a toshiba tablet.

-ROb

The TC1100's nice, as are all of the Toshiba offerings. IMHO stay away from the Lenovo, there aren't that many glowing things to be said about it in the Lenovo forum at TabletPCBuzz. It's a really nice machine, just pray it doesn't break on you.

IBM/Lenovo X series tablet, or Gateway would be the only two I'd consider.

jack9800XT said:
X series Thinkpad Tablet
I have used this before and it is an excellent machine.

I use one of these for work as well and it's a superb computer. My second choice when I was shopping for one was from Motion Computing. They don't make anything but tablets and those they make are also very good machines, but too expensive for my budget.

Back