Someone recommend a registry cleaner

matrixfan0831

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,
It's that time again to clean up my laptop and I need a registry cleaner. I'm using xp pro.

Ok, what is the best Registry Cleaner for vista 64 bit? Because even CC says its still in development.

CCleaner - clean up junk files then clean up registry ..and do it twice(registry part that is)
RegscrubXP-run it and then select everything it finds and remove them
Regcleaner (if single core processor)- 2 ways to use, first being to look in the display window of the program and see if anything is listed that you know you had removed/uninstalled in the past and if you see something , then remove it..

2nd way is to click on Options>Registry Cleanup> Method>Automatic ..then I select Options>Registry Cleanup>OLE Cleaner>Extra Powerful ...Then I run Tools>Registry Cleanup>Do Them All ...and let it run its scan and remove whatever it finds

..then I run
NTREGOPT - run and reboot ..it is packaged with ERUNT of which I use to back up the registry periodically and then disable System Restore in XP

all these tools can be found over at MajorGeeks.com

[F]old|[H]ard

I've used CCleaner in the past, but I've also read on their site that the compatibility for Vista x64 isn't 100% yet, so I'm waiting for now. Has anyone tried it?

I've used CCleaner in the past, but I've also read on their site that the compatibility for Vista x64 isn't 100% yet, so I'm waiting for now. Has anyone tried it?

well it didn't destroy anything. I don't think....

I used Registry Mechanic. Liked the free trial enough that I bought it

XP: RegScrubXP

Vista: CCleaner standalone running on my PortableApps USB Flash Drive.

I used Registry Mechanic. Liked the free trial enough that I bought it

I was providing remote support for a customer who bought it, then we ran CCleaner registry scan and it found about 50 more issues that RM had missed.

I find that you usually have to run CCleaner at least 3 times before it stops finding stuff(on customer's typical PCs, anyway).

I find that you usually have to run CCleaner at least 3 times before it stops finding stuff(on customer's typical PCs, anyway).

Yeah, that seems to be the case most of the time, but I personally find it very effective.

Another point for CCleaner, but since it's me, let's just add another 10 points for CCleanr and then another 10 points for every point CCleaner gets and then another 10 points and rinse and repeat.

It's just that good. Keeps my Vista Ultimate x86 nice and happy. Hasn't messed anything up yet. :)

Back