someone is brute forcing my image gallery

dave326

Gawd
wtf...who brute forces an image gallery.

omghax.jpg

This is pissing me off, but I can't manage to resolve that hostname...and furthermore why would anyone want to brute force it?

http://davin.gtwy.net/gallery

aside from banning 67.41.20.* im not sure what else to do...hmm

I'm not worried about them getting my password, or using up bandwidth (gzip makes it 3kb) but it pisses me off

Thats so funny! I am using "35mm Film Gallery" a free PHP gallery and I too found that someone had uploaded and inappropriate picture.... hmmm

Originally posted by UrineMachine
Thats so funny! I am using "35mm Film Gallery" a free PHP gallery and I too found that someone had uploaded and inappropriate picture.... hmmm

err...you can't upload stuff to mine though

and someone brute forcing your site isnt cool by any means..wtf

^And thats stopped how many people? lol Seriously though, just contact his ISP. Then they'll take care of it most likely.

Edit- Couldn't you just put a .htaccess file in the directory of the gallery blocking his IP? Or even his ISP.

Originally posted by Stinger836
^And thats stopped how many people? lol Seriously though, just contact his ISP. Then they'll take care of it most likely.

Edit- Couldn't you just put a .htaccess file in the directory of the gallery blocking his IP? Or even his ISP.

have mod_rewrite redirecting all sorts of stuff to goatse...

for some reason the way I blocked his Ip the first time didn't work...maybe a typo

Originally posted by dave326
have mod_rewrite redirecting all sorts of stuff to goatse...

for some reason the way I blocked his Ip the first time didn't work...maybe a typo

Sadly, goatse is no more, so that would no longer work. *sniff sniff* We'll miss you goatse

Originally posted by Velox
Sadly, goatse is no more, so that would no longer work. *sniff sniff* We'll miss you goatse

there is always tubgirl as a backup...

!!!!!!!!!! is down, but goat.cx is still up.

Or, for more randomized pain, there's wilwheaton.org

ObDisc : don't go to any of these sites if you don't want to be offended or annoyed.

If you have dates and times you can show them logs to the ISP and they have records of who had that string address at that time.

Brute force (also known as brute force cracking) is a trial and error method used by application programs to decode encrypted data such as passwords or Data Encryption Standard (DES) keys, through exhaustive effort (using brute force) rather than employing intellectual strategies.

Basically just random guessing time and time again till you guess the password.

Originally posted by Stinger836
Basically just random guessing time and time again till you guess the password.
Like in all of those crappy hacker movies
I hate that
On the first guess they dont get it.
2nd no luck.
3rd omg they h4x3d the gibson

LOL. That was a really funny movie. I think my favorite part of that movie was that hackers hacked the "Hackers" web site.

Why any boob would want to hack on a photo web site is beyond me.

Originally posted by agrikk

Why any boob would want to hack on a photo web site is beyond me.

control..... it's all about control, the person wants to be in control.

this might be a stupid question, but are you sure it is not you.

Originally posted by Ruckus
THat sidewalk art is kick ass

No kidding. Very clever. I love that mirror image one of the guy drawing with his beer.

it where someone uses a "brute force" password cracking program to try basically every word in the dictionary to find out what the password is.

How did you know someone was brute forcing your gallery? I mean where did you get the info on site usage?

Back