Someone help me decide

razza

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
1
OK guys this is my first but have been reading for a while. It is time to purchase a widescreen for my desktop. I am torn between CRT and LCD. I can't decide wether to get a Sony FW900 (CRT), a Dell 2405FPW or a Viewsonic VX2025WM. All I ever read about the Dell is input lag, ghosting etc etc. I can get the Sony for $AU600 the Dell for $AU1020 or the Viewsonic for $AU620. The Dell is $400 more but if it is the better option then I am happy to spend the money. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
 
different people notice ghosting more than others, if you easily notice ghosting than get the crt. the fw900 is almost as big, has deeper colors and is way less expensive. if you are pressed for space get a lcd
 
-=ABUSIVE-69=- said:
different people notice ghosting more than others, if you easily notice ghosting than get the crt. the fw900 is almost as big, has deeper colors and is way less expensive. if you are pressed for space get a lcd

yup if you have the space the fw900 is still the best. I have to get rid of mine b/c of space issues. you don't live near Roanoke, Va by chance?
 
True gaming = the CRT in MHO. But, if your limited on desk space (like me), or if you want to make your friends jealous (like me), or if you want make the girlfriend mad and spend money on something thats not her (like me), then I'd recommend the Viewsonic VX2025WM. My friend just purchased the Dell and while it is bigger, I can notice some ghosting on it. He doesn't though. But neither of us notice any ghosting on the Viewsonic.

There is a backlight issue w/ the Viewsonic. The only time I've EVER noticed it though is when the screen goes total black. I've not seen it in any games - my total black backround showed it, but I changed that to show off the pimp-daddiness of the widescreen.

Honestly, I would have gone w/ a new CRT if I could have. My #1 reason for going w/ the LCD was space - I didn't have much of it.
 
Back
Top