• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Some X800 XT cards sold

cambio

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
288
Has anyone actually found any Radeon X800 XT cards out there in stock for sale? They are listed at numerous online stores for pre-order, etc., but sometimes they make it into the retail channel early and are listed for sale.

I read at Xbit that "PriceWatch and PriceGrabber search-engines did not unveil any available RADEON X800 XT products, but stated that a number of them were actually sold."
 
Compusa still says end of June first week of July for all the X800 XT preorders...
 
I believe some of the companies are losing money getting there cards out late. Or this is just a normal cycle period and I'm just wrong. Though I hope all companies hurry to get their cards out on both sides of the tracks.

Caliche
 
from what I've heard, the XT will ship to stores on the 21st.
 
Gateway also had a pretty good supply of the 9500 non-pros.

Don't be dissin' on Gateway :p .
 
Yup!! Gateway has them in stock. Just ordered mine 2 minutes ago. Will be shipped tomorrow itself and be in my greedy hands by Monday. Wait for my review on that day if i can pull myself away from FC long enough!!
 
man 478.07 shipped overnight to me......... i almost bought it......

i think i will wait for either the asus or the HIS version though........

awwww..... i want it soooo bad..
 
bought one too, but its night time so I just did the ground shipping, since I know it wont be processed overnight with everyone ordering
 
I'm waiting for one that cools the top of the memory modules, then will just add some ramsinks to the rear...combine with a spectrum underneath and an 80 mm SFII on the top. If you check best buy, they do give an arrival date, but realize the arrival date means when it will arrive at your house...not in the warehouse. If you know a buddy who works at a store, give him a tap on the shoulder...I'm hoping to score a discounted X800 XT when the time comes.
 
Oooh goodie! I had one on order at CDW, but that bad boy's been canceled in lieu of this even badder boy.
 
Trigger has been pulled. I had wanted to wait until I could upgrade across the board and go PCI-E, but my 23" LCD can't wait that long to get 1920x1200 at spanky frame rates! :D
 
ThisMonsterLives, you actually try to get the discount? I didn't call to ask, but they don't have the x800xt through the AAA portal.
 
crap... so this is the good one? or will there be a slightly faster version later? $434 sounds like a great price, and this is the last piece I've been waiting for before I build a whole new PC. in other words, why Wouldnt i want to jump on this?
 
Originally posted by CyberCRAP
Doesn't show up for me, wonder if it is OOS
Do you mean the link doesnt work? If not go to www.microcenter.com and search for x800. If you mean it's out of stock, I just went through the motions of purchasing one (declined at the last part because I dont have 400 clams) and it was in stock the whole way through and I was even able to do a in store pickup. Please elaborate.

-Rikus
 
The Gateway link now gets you a nice "page not found" error, under the guise of "we are upgrading the accessories section." :D

They either sold out, someone made a mistake and it wasn't really the XT, or a higher-up noticed the low price and demanded it be raised. :p
 
canislupy when you get the card give me a full report on how well it drives your HP L2335. I am going for the exact same setup x800 xt and L2335 but i want some real user thoughts before setting down the 1700 dollars on the monitor... it looks sooooo sweet :p
 
This sux though. I could have justified to myself paying a little over $400 for a XT, but I can't really see the point in paying $400 for a pro. Guess I'll have to live with my ti4200 until the pros drop to like $300. XT is probably too much power for my p4 2.4 anyways.
 
CyberCRAP said:
Doesn't show up for me, wonder if it is OOS

Heh, heh, heh!

They pulled the plug, while I was on the web page! :)

Now it doesn't show up on the web site. I would guess somebody listed the card a bit too early.

Too bad. Ordered mine yesterday:

Cart Total: $467.58

Gotta pay that Calif. State Sales Tax. :cool:
 
Luckily, with the Gateway Store closed down here in Oklahoma, no sales tax! :cool:

On the unfortunate side, though, I just got my confirmation e-mail and it says the estimated arrival date as 6/10/04. Yikes. A whole week, yo.

I've never had a single problem with Gateway's store (several components, seven LCDs, etc.). In fact, the last time I bought there I got a Samsung 191T+ LCD, which was listed as "Will Ship 2-3 days," and paid for overnight shipping. That was around 9 PM. Well, I'd found a better price online, so I e-mailed them the next morning around 10 AM to cancel the order, since I figured the order probably hadn't shipped yet. About five minutes after I sent the e-mail, FedEx shows up with the monitor. DAMN! Granted, it came from their warehouse in Dallas, and a Dallas-to-OKC trip isn't that far. Maybe I got lucky that time?

But still...in my experience, Gateway's store is one of the few that usually ships way before the "estimated" date. As far as the X800XT is concerned...it'd better continue that way. :D

I'm curious about one thing, in that if they "pulled the plug," if those whose orders went through will end up getting their cards, or if there will be a Best Buy GFX card situation all over again.
 
Well i talked to a gateway sales rep. They said they oversold the card and would not take anymore orders. However they mentioned they would have more mid june. I just can't wait till all the prices on these gfx cards drop. I figure they can't stay super inflated for very long. Hopefully the 6800gt & x800 pro will be $300 cards in a month or 2 and the xt & ultra will be $400.
 
I e-mailed customer service to inquire about the 6/10/04 arrival date, and here is a paragraph from the apparent form letter reply I just received:

Please note that the Orinoco Gold Combo card is available in our stock and your order is currently under process to be invoiced and being prepared to ship. I apologize for any inconvenience this issues may have caused.

Yeah, terrific...except I didn't order an Orinoco Gold Combo card. Oh...oh oh...if that's what shows up... :mad:

LOL
 
CyberCRAP said:
Well i talked to a gateway sales rep. They said they oversold the card and would not take anymore orders.

It's amazing they actually admitted it. If only more movie theaters would say that when they sell you a ticket and you walk into a packed theater.
 
WTF!!!! I had better get mine on Monday...I am sick and tired for waiting for this thing and want my FC at 1280x1024 4xaa and 8xaf NOW!!!! :mad:
 
zkalra said:
WTF!!!! I had better get mine on Monday...I am sick and tired for waiting for this thing and want my FC at 1280x1024 4xaa and 8xaf NOW!!!! :mad:

Regular graphics or cel-shaded? :D
 
Paradise baby...i love the glow it creates!!
BTW, i just rechecked my order. Still on for delivery on or before the 7th!! :D
 
Opteron, I will be sure to post as soon as I get the card and fire it up. That is, if I ever see the card. I've got an ETA of 6/10 though, which may mean I could be one of the "oversolds". Here's to hoping thats not the case though.
 
Ack! :eek: Page now lists as being out of stock and 2-4 weeks. Man I really hope mine made it in in time...
 
Back
Top