Some www.hardfolding.com questions.

Hyperion

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like to know a few things about the [H]ard|Folding web-site:

1. Could we perhaps make the [H]uge image at the top of all the pages smaller, it takes forever to load, and wastes bandwidth.

2. How are the member's clockspeed-totals calculated? Since mine (and I pretty sure MidnightFreak[H]'s) require updating.

3. Is KingN available for further e-mail questioning?

Muchos Gracias! ;)

How about try and use the contact e-mail listed on the Hardfolding website and/or in the sticky posted in the forum called Site Information. That will probably be the best way to contact KingN.

[email protected]

Thanks CIWS, I have seen the addy, just recall having read something about the
web-master taking some time off (I may have misunderstood). ;)

Oh maybe you know ... is there perhaps a great big stats DB somewhere that one can
query or are the Stanford F@H stats pages the sole source of info? The reason I'm asking
is that if I want to know how 3 of my processors in another country are doing, is there a
simple way, or will I be writing an app soon that mails me the log files each night? :(

I'm no stats expert but from what I understand of it, they all get the numbers from Stanford and then develop their stats from that (some kind of text file). If I'm mistaken someone jump in and correct me.

Right CIWS, the stats come from a text file provided by Stanford.

King is working on more nice changes as we speak, but, if someone comes up with a nice but smaller graphic I'm sure it would be considered. A contest perhaps? I'm sure there are few artsy folk out there who could add something to the site... ;)

Fold on dudes..

BillR

[
500000.gif

Thanks BillR!

And I am more than willing to help with the web-site, but I am just a tad busy at the
moment. I have three pressing deadlines until 19 Jul 2004, I may be able to squeeze in
a smaller graphic before then though! ;)

And after that I intend to develop a distributed Folding Farm stats processing system that
can run "sub-teams" off a single user! However, if I could take a peek at this text-file it
may eliminate the need to parse client log files on all the boxen. ;)

I know EMIII can monitor remote boxen but it must have read/write permission to the folder.
If you e-mail Larry or read the FAQ at www.em-dc.com you may be able to find out how.

Luck....... :D

Thanks TigerBiten, but EMIII is basically a feature-rich remote snoop of the exact progress
of your farm. However, since the [H]yperion F@H user relies heavily on the goodwill of my
personal contacts (friends and colleagues) for its CPUs, my user basically acts as
a "sub-team".

So I need to develop a substitute for the Stanford stats page that would split my user into
all the people who are folding for me, to motivate the stats-whore in every one of them.
And since I have "members" all over the globe, EMIII simply won't cut it, since it requires
a Windows network! ;)

I have devised a system where I don't need the much discussed "Standford text", however
it involves quite a bit of extra effort, if the Stanford file could be easily had, and it contains
the data I require, I could parse a single file, instead of running a custom distributed
parsing (and communications) system ... that could suffer distributed hiccups right
accross the world, which would then force me to become tech support to all my folders! :(

Muchos Gracias Señor BillR!

Sadly that file just ain't gonna cut it ... I'll have to implement "Plan B". :(

*sighs*

VisualStudio here I come ... I so don't feel like writing this little client ... but hey just
imagine getting every boxen's FAHlog.txt parsed into an xml block per WU and mailed
to a designated e-mail address then popped into a DB and displayed alla Stanford Stats!

This would make that you could use a single user to 'host' a collection of "sub-teams",
each with their very own set of members! :p

Sounds quite neat to me! ;)

Back