Some weird FTP issues

MetalX

Supreme [H]ardness
***SOLVED***

Ok when using both FileZilla and a Java FTP client I can connect to my FTP server but my connection is reset when I retrieve the directory listing. I contacted my host and they said it was fine so I tried at another internet location and it worked fine for me as well.

So what the hell? Why am I unable to connect to an FTP server on this network no matter what PC I use? I even reset my Linksys router to default settings with the same result. Is this a faulty router? I can't try connecting straight to the cable modem at the moment because this is a business and everyone likes yelling at the computer guy. All the PCs on the network do the same thing and I've tried disabling Windows Firewall.

Here is what FileZilla says:

Response: 230-User messential1009 has group access to: 450
Response: 230 OK. Current directory is /
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is your current location
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command: PASV
Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I've even tried using command prompt and connecting to the FTP that way. It connects fine but the "ls -a" command resets the connection automatically every time.

Last edited:
Have you tried logging in as a Guest? Have you checked the permissions of said directory listing?

Well at another office everything works 100% so it seems to be something on my end. I just can't imagine what because all firewalls are off and the router is back to default not blocking anything.

I just tried another PC here with XP and it works fine. This one runs Windows 7 but I have the firewall off.

EDIT: I reset the Hosts file to default and that seems to have worked.

Last edited:
Back