Some WC Guidance?

WalkedAirplane

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
378
Looking at add some water to my box, is there any chance I could get some guidance? I am looking for a general feel of all the items I’d need for the system I want to cool. Ideally with a res rather than a t-fitting, but I am willing to work within my budget.

Budget: $200 – 220 shipped
LGA775
Case is either a Lan-Li PC-60 or an Antel P180 - right now I have the PC-60, but I think I’m going to pick up the P180 this week while its on sale.

Right now, only CPU cooling is vital. Chipset cooling would be nice (DS3 motherboard), and video block added down the line.

Any thoughts? Ideally a decent kit OR a set of items I can all order from one place together.
 
Hey, you could get your parts from jab-tech, which is a good place with good and cheap components. Here's my suggested list:

dB-1 Compact 12v Pump $46
D-tek FuZion CPU Water Block $59
Black Ice GT stealth 240 - Black $48
Swiftech MCRES-Micro $16
ClearFLEX 60 Tubing 3/8" ID / 1/2" OD $5

Total: $174 + shipping

So, get everything with 3/8" ID fittings and you'll be set ;)
 
spent 20 dollar and get the swiftech MCP655 pump instead of the tiny db-1
 
While the MCP655 is nice, it is not as quiet as a db-1. Sure you can adjust the speed, but in order to do so you have to buy the 79.99 version which is double the price of a db-1.

Since it's been shown lately that flow is irrelevant in most modern loops, I'd go with the db-1 especially with today's non-restrictive blocks.
 
I'm sorry, Ranker is correct. Cather's post on tubing size dealt with tubing SIZE.

Flow is still important.

Yes that is true, but migueld also brings up an important observation in that whether you go low, medium, or high flow doesn't seem to mean that much anymore...if it ever did when looking at the real results of using computers.
 
Back
Top