• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Some various watercooling questions

Akhen

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
75
Could someone answer me these various watercooling questions that have been keeping me puzzled for quite some time and gone unanswered.

1. Am I seeing correctly, people are using 2 pumps on the same loop, what gives? I would think an Eheim or a D5 would be ample enough.

2. How much does wrapping wire around tubing help, and is it just needed at inputs/outputs of each item in the loop or would it be beneficiary everywhere?

3. I currently have a 77 Boneville heatercore for my radiator, its cooling a P4 550 @ stock (for summer, even in winter it runs hot too though), and a 7800GTX (again at stock for summer). But I have a 120mm radiator lying around doing nothing, how much would adding it to the loop help?


Thanks again

:rolleyes:
 
Akhen said:
Could someone answer me these various watercooling questions that have been keeping me puzzled for quite some time and gone unanswered.

1. Am I seeing correctly, people are using 2 pumps on the same loop, what gives? I would think an Eheim or a D5 would be ample enough.

2. How much does wrapping wire around tubing help, and is it just needed at inputs/outputs of each item in the loop or would it be beneficiary everywhere?

3. I currently have a 77 Boneville heatercore for my radiator, its cooling a P4 550 @ stock (for summer, even in winter it runs hot too though), and a 7800GTX (again at stock for summer). But I have a 120mm radiator lying around doing nothing, how much would adding it to the loop help?
1. Running two pumps in series (one after the other) effectivly doubles the head pressure.
2. It is to prevent kinking of the tubing. And kinking is bad.
3. Well, if you put the 120mm rad and a fan, you'll get better temperatures, at the cost of a little bit of restriction.
 
Back
Top