vac5k.jpg

Grand Canyon - North Rim

vac3.jpg

vac2.jpg

vac1d.jpg

Thank you all for watching

vac4.jpg

:cool:

Wow! Tons of awesome shots here - going to have to PM you for some hi-res for wallpaper. (or you could just post links @1920x1200 of vac11.jpg & vac6.jpg please?) :)

Looks like an awesome trip! How long did it take you to see all these places?

That is a lot of great places and excellent pictures. I've only been to the badlands and Mount Rushmore. Hope to one day get to all the others especially Zion National Park and the narrow canyons.

holy moley
what cam are is that?
that is awesome
once in a life time type of trip I assume

Did I mention I hate you... I want to go to all these places. I have the time and the money, but my new 5month old would make the trip not as fun :(

holy moley
what cam are is that?
that is awesome
once in a life time type of trip I assume
Thank you. I'm using a Nikon D80 with the Nikkor trinity lenses, 14-24, 24-70, and 70-200 II.

And yes, your assumption is right... :cool:
Did I mention I hate you... I want to go to all these places. I have the time and the money, but my new 5month old would make the trip not as fun :(

Do what I did... go by yourself. It took me 12 days to go to all those places. I slept in the car most nights (only 3 times in a motel). The total cost for the trip was just over $1k. The only downside from the trip are the lost filters, and a broken 14-24 (already fixed, though). :p

Holy sheep shit! Amazing photos and locations. I know I'm jealous.

I wanted to take some panoramic train pics and stitch them for some dual and triple monitor wallpapers. I heard there is a way to do real HDR photos by taking the some photo twice using different ISO or something like that. I have a Canon 10 mpx digi. Any tips?

Absolutely stunning photos! My parents just went on pretty much the same exact trip, same amount of time. They're gonna love these photos.

Did you use a polarizing filter? seems like the sky lost some of its brilliance in these shots. Also a polarizing filter does a lot to get the true color when its sunny out, since everything is reflecting super bright into the cameras sensor and you get this ultra washed out look

Some great pics in there! The canyon shots are pretty impressive. I really like the ravens.

Did you use a polarizing filter? seems like the sky lost some of its brilliance in these shots. Also a polarizing filter does a lot to get the true color when its sunny out, since everything is reflecting super bright into the cameras sensor and you get this ultra washed out look
No filters at all. I wish I did have a polarizing filter, though, especially with those shots from Zion. Oh well, maybe next time.
Some great pics in there! The canyon shots are pretty impressive. I really like the ravens.

Thanks you. The ravens were very easy to take pictures of. By far the most friendly of the animals I've encounter on the trip.

raven1c.jpg

vac11 in AZ is my fav shot! *saved as background* :D

all very nice shots, thanks

Back