Some Thoughts and Feedback on New Design

CustomModAddict

Limp Gawd
Its not a finished design, still working it all out. I have been through a few different models. And this one I am going to show you today, is so far, my favorite. Now this will be a scratch build using varies different materials. But for the most part its gonna be a lot of acrylic sheet, rod and square.

It's definitely a work in progress design, but I hope to start at least the frame in the next few weeks. But I wanted to hear what some of the other mod addicts thought about the design. As you can see from the sketch up photos, it will have two 60mm OD Koolance reservoirs sitting on top of pmp 450 pumps. Around the cylinder res, will be illuminated acrylic. I have to add the hardware and a few design changes and it should be good to go.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

5403852974_397f38cd50_z.jpg

5403252155_c40e191b4e_z.jpg

5403252287_cab681bfb0_z.jpg

5403252351_5cac0106fd_z.jpg

Last edited:
If your going with that design i would love to see the finished product, looks great!

Thanks, I am eager to start. Just feel there is just a few design elements missing. I just feel I need to add a little more, the design is almost at the edge, just need a few more details to send it over the edge. It still just looks like a PC cube, if you know what I mean.

Edit:

Photo design update added the mobo, GPU's, Rads, and PSU
5405344476_3b6c9eef02_z.jpg

5405344584_b1de8f4fc3_z.jpg

5404739227_4d408444c7_z.jpg

I might have a little extra room in the case to reduce the over all size by an inch or two. Will see, the advantage to using Sketch-up, I can see any issues before I start to build.

Last edited:
Looking at the sketches, it looks like there could be room for a 2x120 rad below the optical drive, and another right above the rear io panel. It is an awesome design, can't wait to see the finished case.

yeah its gonna be water cooled, from the photos you can barely see the two monster SR-1 360 rads. I am also running to PMP-450 pumps and base reservoir combo from Koolance, they will be in series. As I don't want two separate water circuits. But I am going to have a rad inline between the CPU and the GPU's. I want the cooling system to look beefy and to be the star of the show. Plus it makes it easier for future upgrades having the extra capacity. And with the SR-1 radiators I can run 1000 or 12oo RPM fans, and be nearly silent.

I have to be honest, with Acrylic there is so many ways to build a case and frame. Not sure if there is per say a right way. But I am using a 3/4" square frame, instead of bending and gluing sheets together. My reason, I know the glue is strong, but I still wanted the added security of a bolt or screw joint. It also allows for easier access to the inside by unbolting the side panels. I am also trying to figure out a way to illuminate the 3/4" square acrylic stock. So that it glows in the case.

I started cutting some frame pieces last night. Do I am sure a project log is soon to come. But let me know anything you see good or bad with the design.

Thanks

Are the fans on rads exhaust, and is the front intake the only intake? Overall, this is one hella sexy case.

Are the fans on rads exhaust, and is the front intake the only intake? Overall, this is one hella sexy case.

The fans on the rads will be exhaust, one 120 on the front for intake, and then vents in the rear of the case and probably a 120 fan for intake in the rear.And I must adfmit I liked this design myself. Its funny how the design started out as a tower scratch build and now evolved into a cube with some pretty clean simple and radicle lines to it. Let keep the finger crossed it doesn't run into any glitches.
:cool:

I think that'd be absolutely fantastic if you went through with it.

That thing looks amazing. i like the mobo position and psu location, only question is what is the plan on keeping the motherboard in place?

That looks pretty cool. I like the cylinders in the front corners. Be sweet for dual res.

That thing looks amazing. i like the mobo position and psu location, only question is what is the plan on keeping the motherboard in place?

Gonna make an acrylic ATX tray and secure it either by metric screws, or cut notches out of the frame so it slides in and out. Building the frame right now, so I can mock some stuff up. So when I get to the mobo tray I will decide.

That looks pretty cool. I like the cylinders in the front corners. Be sweet for dual res.

Yeah the cylinders are 60mm OD by 200mm Koolance reservoirs that sit right on top of the pmp 450 pump, just have to figure out a way to get some UV light onto the res's, to illuminate the UV reactive blue coolant.

ANY PROJECT NAME IDEAS? I am so terrible at naming things :)

Well relocated the man cave to a bigger room, so I could put my shop/work area together with all my other guy stuff...
5412442396_45cc326c8c.jpg

5412442858_e56b450c32.jpg

So my big design issue! How to get the frames acrylic square rod to light up with LED's with out messing with securing the front and rear panels ??? This might take a few days to work out. Don't worry fellas, all documented for when I start the actual work log. Still mocking up and in the design phase.
5412444148_81babfea17_z.jpg

Last edited:
Well think I figured out how to light the square rod at the ends without interfering with the bolts that will hold the face and rear of the case on.

Basically what I had to do, we drill a hole in the end just wide enough to except the whole led. Then I made the depth deep enough for the LED, and deep enough for the bolt. Then I drilled another hole from the side, giving me a way to route the wires out the side, so that I can tap the hole from the end for the bolts.

So now this is what I will have... except I only have blue LED's for testing, they are going to be white. Now just think white LED lit frame inside a case with black and red acrylic, and red LED's on the fans and such....

5412002609_0e9fd3d3b7_z.jpg

Back