Some Team Founder changes

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
Coming January, I will be switching the Team founder title on the BOINC projects over to the HardOCPtest account. I also plan on handing the keys to that account over to a few people so that one person isn't in control of all the projects. This will also help for when team challenges aren't signed up for because multiple people should be able to sign us up. If you have any suggestions on whom you would like to be a "Team Captain" of sorts, please post them here. I personally think it should be those whom are not only active in DC but those that check the forums regularly as well. Thanks in advance.

I'll throw my name in the hat as a possible "Team Captain." I think I fit the criteria you've laid out.

WCG has been converted over to the HardOCPtest account. So, coming January I will get the other projects switched over that I can. RFGuy_KCCO is a great candidate to help out. Are there any other interested parties?

I nominate Patriot. Also that Eagle07 guy seems pretty decent.

Edit: (They both fail miserably at your criteria of course, but after no DCer of the month threads for so long it seems necessary)

RFGuy_KCCO has been given login credentials for the HardOCPtest account and is able to make himself and admin at the majority of the BOINC projects. I have switched the vast majority of the projects Team Founders over to the HardOCPtest account. If you have any challenges you would like us added to, please let myself or RFGuy_KCCO know and we will promptly get it added.

I figured I would bring this up again since it has been a couple years. Does anyone think there needs to be a change? If so, how? Anyone wanting their name tossed in the mix? I know RFGuy_KCCO is still arround as he still puts up points but haven't seen him post in a while. I would love to see him come back as active as he was. Right now, it is just the two of us.

I figured that I would leave this up for discussion for a month or two in case others don't check in much. Really the only things the Team Founders (Captains) really need to do is:
Add the team to challenges
Create the team on new projects that spring up - this could be done with a BOINC wide team automatically if we set it back up. (Dave Anderson changed it up a few years back when I had already done it requiring people to email him directly to set it up again) However, the project has to turn that feature on as it isn't automatically set. I find it best to just create the team manually.
Be active in the forums and be accessible when there are inquiries.
Try to correct account issues when they spring up for the HardOCPtest account as well as fixing the team name when their are projects with multiple teams or errors during the setup process.

Everything else can pretty well be done by anyone.

in that case I might be only second choice ... I would not read too many other forums to know about challenges. on MacRumors there are none :confused:

Maybe you could start posting those challenges in MacRumors and get more H recruits...lol

That crowd could push our QCN and WEP-M+2 standings further as well as the traditional projects

Back in the day there were a few teams made at random at a few projects. At WCG KingN (or however he has it) had created the [H]ard|OCP team but we use the HardOCP name instead. We have tried to unify the team name to simplify things but he continues to squat on that name. Multiple attempts to reach out to him including contacting WCG a few times, but he continues to refuse to give it up for whatever reason. Since we use [H]ard|OCP at all of the other BOINC projects instead of HardOCP, this causes problems with the stats pages when you look at the all projects combined stats....

Odd, you'd think that would come down to trademark infringement. I saw that he was a member on the forums, but hasn't been seen since 2015. I tried to start a conversation, maybe he'll answer. If WCG is an official [H] project now, you'd think a request from the big guy would allow this issue to be resolved. If King_N can be contacted anyway.

Great, now when do I get my kickbacks for not objecting to you guys?

Due to recent events, ChristianVirtual will be temporarily removed as he decides where to go from recent events and Skillz has decided to officially leave the team to go to TAAT. So, they will no longer be team captains. This leaves myself and RFGuy_KCCO . If you have any questions or concerns please let one of us know.

Back