Some Sandy OC help/advice?

Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
16
I'm looking for a few tips on refining my sandiego 3700 oc.
I am currently stable at 2588.4 x11 235htt @1.55 volts. 45-50C load.

I was messing around earlier and i ran stable at 2.7 but with 1.6-ish volts and i was hitting 55C+ with the case open.

As far as cooling goes im running a ultra 120 with 1, 120mm@107CFM (2580rpm).
My ram is at ddr400 2.5 3 3 11 @2.7v. (ocz titanium pc3200 one 1g stick)

I was always under the impression that if one is air cooling, 50c, and 1.5v should be the celing. I have also seen others mention that 5-10 degrees is ok, just dont push the voltage. id love to squeeze the extra mhz out of the cpu, but im not sure if running that warm is worth the extra mhz regardless of stability.

If 2.7 @1.6+v with 55c load seems ok, then awesome. Maybe speedfan was reading hot, im not sure, but it didnt seem like it should be in the upper 50's.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated! :D
 
That does seem kinda warm.

I've two SD OC experiences:

my 3700+ would hit 2.82 - 2.88 prime stable (1.45/1.55vcore) with load temps at 42C / 48C (depending on how fast I was running my casefans).

A 4000+ SD at work on the other hand is a dog. Isn't stable at 2.6, runs crazy hot (52 - 56C) even with big fans, lapping, AS5, etc.


Just luck of the draw I guess.
 
These are my updated results from my own oc and i was wondering if you could shed a bit of light on it. It seems about as tight as i can get it on air.

Here is my cpuz and my sandra:

(refer to above post)

Im using a thermalright ultra120 to cool the cpu and i get about 50 ish full load (I idle at about 28C). I'd like to lower the voltage and thus lower my temps, but im not sure if thats possible at this point. prime95 stable. My max OC was 2.7, but that was at 1.6v and a 333ddr. I didnt like sacrificing my memory and upping the voltage like that on air, but maybe there is something im missing.

I might just be "unlucky" enough to have "okay" stepping, but my ram is running well over stock at 1t/2.5,3,3,11@2.8v, and the cpu is slightly faster than a fx55@1.5v.

Any info/constructive critisism is appreciated!

P.S. Stepping is as follows:

ADA3700DAA5BN CABGE 0518UPAW 1250089E50266 AMD2001
 
Back
Top