Some quick questions about SLI before I do it

otimus

Weaksauce
I have one GTX 560 Ti right now, and I'm considering SLI-ing it up for BF3, and I have some quick questions:

1. Will my PSU suffice? If not, I'm not going to buy another (and will just throw out the idea of SLI), I pretty much just bought this a month ago: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817815010

2. This is my case, things are relatively cool in it, am I going to have any increased heat concerns, you think? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112238 If so, would getting two 140mm exhaust fans for the top help with that at all, or is there anything else I could do that'd be relatively inexpensive?

3. Does it matter what brand the second GTX 560 Ti is? Right now, I have a PNY one, and I know that with SLI, it clocks down the lowest card and all that, but do the brands have to match? I've heard conflicting things about this. I've seen a few MSI ones go fairly cheaply on ebay, and if I could snag one of those, I'd totally like to actually save the money.

4) Lastly, aside from power, heat, and microstuttering, are there any other drawbacks of SLI I should be aware of?

Thank you for your help and time!

It scores well in PSU benchmarks, but ultimately it is an HEC unit inside, so about as cheap and tacky as you can get. I'm not sure I'd want to run SLI off it long term.

1. Yes
2. Extra fans on top blowing exhaust would help, don't have to be expensive ones.
3. No
4. Power bill will go up, possible slight chance of some games not liking SLI and need to temporarily disable a card, but I think crossfire has most of those problems.

Theoretically it may work for SLI. However, I would have bought a higher quality PSU if I were going to run SLI. I feel it's kinda pushing the envelope with that PSU.

It may depend on how lightweight of a system you have overall. If you have alot of drives, have OCed the cpu and increaesd its vcore, or plan to OC your GPUs you could definitely be in trouble. If you just have 1 hd, and 1 dvd drive you are more likely to be ok.

1. Yes
2. Extra fans on top blowing exhaust would help, don't have to be expensive ones.
3. No
4. Power bill will go up, possible slight chance of some games not liking SLI and need to temporarily disable a card, but I think crossfire has most of those problems.

This, However your psu isn't the best quality so long term you may end up with issues as it begins to lose efficiency.

Back