some P4 3.0E overclocking results

defenseman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 20, 2000
Messages
1,738
my P4 3.0E is running smoothly at 3.75Ghz, 250FSB , 200Mhz DDR.

cpu-z says my voltage is at 1.472v, but in my bios its a hair of 1.5v.

idle temp with my SLK-947u (9mm blowing out, (2) 120mm on side blowing out) is 59-62 C, and load it has been upto 70 C.

i upped from a 2.6C a while back and what could only do 3.1Ghz on a good day. just food for thought. :eek:
 
Those are some damn high temps, but seeing as thats a prescott, I'm not all that suprised.
 
IIRC Thermalrights are supposed to have the fan blowing onto the heatsink. I have the same heatsink.
 
Looks like a good overclock... those Prescotts sure do run hot though...
 
think ill get a 2.8 just so i don't run too hot and im actually afraid of 3.7ghz
2.8 @ 250 = 3.5 which is plenty good for me but i might not need to do that anyways. Ill see what happens when my money gets here on wednesday next week :D
btw what 90mm fan are you using?
 
Sojuuk said:
btw what 90mm fan are you using?

i believe its a Panaflo 1A.

as far as going in or out with the fans, the temp is a degree lower with em blowing out. and feeling a ton of hot air coming out the side (as well as the back) makes me feel as ease.
 
I've got a 2.8E running at 3.5 @ 250FSB on a Abit AI7 with PC3200 in Dual Channel.

Good lord that is a mouth full:)

Runs fine with UT2004 and TOCA Race Driver 2 (what I play right now).

Temps are ~ 60 idle and 70-75C load.
 
Nismo said:
...60 idle and 70-75C load.

wow, thats really warm. your using an abit board and so the temps could be 10C off. even then, a load temp of 60-65C is not good.
 
Look at my post and you'll see what board I am using. Yes, it is an Abit with a Zalman all copper cooler.

No socket burning here.
 
Nismo said:
Look at my post and you'll see what board I am using. Yes, it is an Abit with a Zalman all copper cooler.

No socket burning here.

yea im an idiot, its the end of the day here and im falling asleep at my desk
 
CORRECTION! Sorry guys, the 70-75 was with retail cooler. I just played UT2K4 and checked the temps. 65C under load. That Zalman is doing great!
 
Nismo said:
CORRECTION! Sorry guys, the 70-75 was with retail cooler. I just played UT2K4 and checked the temps. 65C under load. That Zalman is doing great!

65C (~55C corrected) is about the same as ive seen for prescotts running zalmans, that a zalman 7000cu?
 
It's interesting all the talk about Prescotts running hot........

I have a 2.4A Prescott, overclocked to 3.24G. It runs idle at about 38 degrees C, and running under load (Prime) it runs at 48 degrees C. To test it out a bit, I partially covered the fan with a piece of plastic (!!!), and it got up to 57 degrees before I removed it.... it was down to 49 degrees within a few minutes.

It's running with stock cooler, voltage is standard 1.4V

I don't consider that to be very hot at all.......
 
i think my voltage is bad

my 2.8E is running at 3.6ghz (257FSB) my voltage is at 1.568 for stability is that bad?
 
dnas said:
It's interesting all the talk about Prescotts running hot........

I have a 2.4A Prescott, overclocked to 3.24G. It runs idle at about 38 degrees C, and running under load (Prime) it runs at 48 degrees C. To test it out a bit, I partially covered the fan with a piece of plastic (!!!), and it got up to 57 degrees before I removed it.... it was down to 49 degrees within a few minutes.

It's running with stock cooler, voltage is standard 1.4V

I don't consider that to be very hot at all.......

the cpu you have runs @ 533fsb and does not have hyperthreading..thats why it runs cooler than ALL other prescotts.

Last month i sold my 2.8c to a friend and bought the 2.8E...two days later took it back and got a 3.0C...The s478 prescott was the first intel chip that i was disappointed with...crap...imo...the C is superior.
 
Back
Top