some opinions requested=]

no2censorship

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
393
how much better do you think this setup would sound thru s/pdif optical than my behringer ms20's thru optical?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115120

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123078

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882428026 (2 of them for 2 channel output)

would bass be worse than my behringers with the bass knob set ~25-50%?

was wondering b/c my behringers are 50Hz min freq. response and these infinity speakers are 100Hz minimum freq. response.

I won't be buying a subwoofer right away.

I'll appreciate all replies I receive like I always do :)
 
with the polk speakers linked above and the yamaha receiver i linked, how much better would 2 channel audio sound with those than with my ms20's?
 
Those Infinity speakers suck.

The yamaha reciever has hdmi pass thru. If you are trying to get stereo sound, you will need to use optical or coaxial input.

That Polk 5.1 is ok if you want cheap 5.1. However, with such small satellites, the midrange will not be good. aka Music will suffer greatly as well as detail.

Better to get a good receiver and pair of decent speakers.

Is this for desktop or can you use large speakers?

Just give me a budget and I will put something together for you. Easier that way.
 
Those Infinity speakers suck.

The yamaha reciever has hdmi pass thru. If you are trying to get stereo sound, you will need to use optical or coaxial input.

That Polk 5.1 is ok if you want cheap 5.1. However, with such small satellites, the midrange will not be good. aka Music will suffer greatly as well as detail.

Better to get a good receiver and pair of decent speakers.

Is this for desktop or can you use large speakers?

Just give me a budget and I will put something together for you. Easier that way.
Thanks=] Just 2 speakers. I guess the budget for the speakers would max at $200 total, since the receiver is $179.99, iirc and the sound card i'm going to get will be the new asus one, which is $200. I'll never be using dolby digital. And i hope when pc games start using lossless audio that it will be in 2 channel, (i.e. not exclusively 6/8 channel.)

I'm not really an audiophile, but i wanted to upgrade to something better than my behringer ms20's, but also staying digital thru optical connection.

Size doesn't matter too much, as long as the speakers aren't huge.
 
Back
Top