Some one say mITX?

that would be better if it had an HDMI port. it's definitely not one of your low power mini-ITX solutions, but would be interesting for HTPC if it had an onboard HDMI.

I think the best C2D solution for HTPC would be one that uses the T series 35w laptop chips and had an HDMI port, that would be killer!

that would be better if it had an HDMI port. it's definitely not one of your low power mini-ITX solutions, but would be interesting for HTPC if it had an onboard HDMI.

I think the best C2D solution for HTPC would be one that uses the T series 35w laptop chips and had an HDMI port, that would be killer!

Hell, it'd be nice if it even had a DVI port. Though, the board has traces (and holes) for a DVI port, I would suppose they're gonna release a second model with a higher chipset with a DVI port.

Though, at the current state of the specs of the board, if it had a 16x slot (even if it was 8x electrical) I'd be all over it since I have an E7200 waiting to be used.

Wow very cool. It really does need a HDMI or at least DVI to be useful as a HTPC though.

From the solder pads next to the VGA port that you can see here I'd expect a DVI version is in the pipeline.

Wow very cool. It really does need a HDMI or at least DVI to be useful as a HTPC though.

It needs a lot more then that to make it useful as an HTPC. I've had an Intel 7050 mobo and the IGP was completely useless for media playback due to it's single channel memory limitation. The IGP was just so damn starved for bandwidth that CPU usage was pretty damn high and it couldn't smoothly play back 1080i HD material.

IF IT HAD a PCIe x16 slot then I'd be all over it simply for being a LGA775 Mini ITX board with a PCIe x16 slot.

Meh, I might just pick one up for the hell of it with the hope that it might lead to a PCIex16 version and use it as a WHS setup.

100 megabit is not appreciably slower for the vast majority of users, unless you're running a server.

Hey Private Ops...your signature sucks :D

Well, there are more than ten, but still not much of a selection ... :-/

NEXCOM -- NEX 660 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- WADE-8156 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- WADE-8656 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- PEB-7602VG2A -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- PEB-7607VG2AR -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
iBase -- MI900 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
iBase -- MI935 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
IEI Technology Corp. -- KINO-9454-R20 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
IEI Technology Corp. -- KINO-9654G4 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-674 -- s775 (P4/PD/CeleronD), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-674E -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-678 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16

Plus:
AXIOMTEK -- SBC86841 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x4 (riser card >> three PCIe-x1)
AXIOMTEK -- SBC86860 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x4 (riser card >> three PCIe-x1)

if you dont mind AMD, then this new gigabyte has DVI and D-Sub along with HDMI and built on ATi 3200 vid with on board 128mb of DDR 3 and Dolby Digital Surround sound.

Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H

Well, there are more than ten, but still not much of a selection ... :-/

NEXCOM -- NEX 660 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- WADE-8156 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- WADE-8656 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- PEB-7602VG2A -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Portwell [Epox] -- PEB-7607VG2AR -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
iBase -- MI900 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
iBase -- MI935 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
IEI Technology Corp. -- KINO-9454-R20 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
IEI Technology Corp. -- KINO-9654G4 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-674 -- s775 (P4/PD/CeleronD), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-674E -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x16
Commell -- LV-678 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x16

Plus:
AXIOMTEK -- SBC86841 -- s775 (C2D), PCIe-x4 (riser card >> three PCIe-x1)
AXIOMTEK -- SBC86860 -- s775 (C2Q), PCIe-x4 (riser card >> three PCIe-x1)

Yup, especially when none of those are available in "retail" or at a sensible price :(

if you dont mind AMD, then this new gigabyte has DVI and D-Sub along with HDMI and built on ATi 3200 vid with on board 128mb of DDR 3 and Dolby Digital Surround sound.

Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
Get the hell out, we're talking about Mini ITX. The issues brought up in this thread obviously wouldn't be issues if we were talking MATX which is what the Gigabyte board is.

I'm trying, desperately, to track down a board that will fit in my KPC chassis while supporting LGA775 CPUs and a video card.

Get the hell out, we're talking about Mini ITX. The issues brought up in this thread obviously wouldn't be issues if we were talking MATX which is what the Gigabyte board is.

I'm trying, desperately, to track down a board that will fit in my KPC chassis while supporting LGA775 CPUs and a video card.
Hahaha, owned. :D And if you do find one, please post a thread about that. I love that case but only pci is no fun.

If you guys are looking for a good mini-ITX board, the Jetway NC62K is great. The only downside is it has a PCI slot instead of PCI-e. IMO, it really isn't a big deal because it already performs stellar. See my sig for the HTPC I built around it that's for sale.

If you guys are looking for a good mini-ITX board, the Jetway NC62K is great. The only downside is it has a PCI slot instead of PCI-e. IMO, it really isn't a big deal because it already performs stellar. See my sig for the HTPC I built around it that's for sale.

But its AMD.

We want on with a 16x slot and support for socket 775.

Oh, I didn't see it specified anywhere in the original post. I just saw people mentioning HTPC + HDMI + mini-ITX with people jumping in later mentioning intel and pci-e. I didn't know there was any explicitivity to the thread.

Oh, I didn't see it specified anywhere in the original post. I just saw people mentioning HTPC + HDMI + mini-ITX with people jumping in later mentioning intel and pci-e. I didn't know there was any explicitivity to the thread.

It's not exactly stated that there is.

But the original board I posted was a Socket 775 mITX board and some how the thread got steered that way.

Not looking for an HTPC board myself, more of a gaming mITX system. Otherwise the Jetway 8200 board is awesome for a tiny HTPC.

Unfortunately, and good gaming card is over double the size of a mini-ITX board and takes 5x the power. :p

Cool, they finally released it! ... But at that price it better come with a lowend Dual Core C2D! :mad: :mad:

I thought Intel was going to price these fucking boards cheaper then the rest of the Mini ITX crowd. :mad:

The page isn't up yet, but also keep an eye out for the Intel DQ45EK. I didn't put these in the list earlier in the thread as they have only a single PCIe-x1.

I found references to that board on site selling them (supposedly anyway).

Tried hard to find ANY info on it and couldn't.

I snagged this board off compgeeks

J&W 780G w/ PCI-E X16 (X4 2.0 so actually = to X8)

I can write a mini review or something when i get the board. Should be here on Friday

Manufacturer Link

AMD® 780G + SB700 (Built in Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics, DirectX® 10 Ready, with 128MB side-port DDR2 memory onboard):eek:

# 2 SODIMMs, Dual Channel DDR2 1066/800/667/533 support (DDR2 1066 support is dependent on CPU and market supply of DDR2 1066 SODIMMs)
# Max capacity: 4 GB

1 x eSATA port :)

1 x HDMI port (Audio over HDMI)

Realtek ALC 885 HD Audio Codec

I snagged this board off compgeeks

J&W 780G w/ PCI-E X16 (X4 2.0 so actually = to X8)

I can write a mini review or something when i get the board. Should be here on Friday

Manufacturer Link

AMD® 780G + SB700 (Built in Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics, DirectX® 10 Ready, with 128MB side-port DDR2 memory onboard):eek:

# 2 SODIMMs, Dual Channel DDR2 1066/800/667/533 support (DDR2 1066 support is dependent on CPU and market supply of DDR2 1066 SODIMMs)
# Max capacity: 4 GB

1 x eSATA port :)

1 x HDMI port (Audio over HDMI)

Realtek ALC 885 HD Audio Codec

Wow, I like that.

Sadly I already have an E7200 and it needs to be used.

yes i would have preferred Intel myself but i can't spend 250-350+ on a mini itx board just so i can use a Intel cpu. I saw that board at compgeeks and it had everything i wanted but it was a amd board. I picked up a 45w X2 4850e. The board supposedly supports up to 95w cpu's but they highly recommend that you use 65w and lower for most mini itx cases. Perhaps when they die shrink a x4 phenom i can stick a quad core in the board. I am using this case
Link

I have both a extra x1950 pro and a 7600gs that would be right at home in this case.

I realize I may need a new power supply fortunately seasonic makes a sfx power supply that should work.

Link

eventually when the box does not need to game anymore i will slap a tv tuner and a Hi def drive in for a nice little htpc.

Sweet board, I was looking around for one a few weeks back but no joy at the time. Any OC options in the BIOS? So it's got a X4 PCIe 2.0 slot? Kind of weak but I think I can work with that limitation. :)

Unfortunately, and good gaming card is over double the size of a mini-ITX board and takes 5x the power. :p

Don't really care about power usage (all that much), I want a smallish system (smaller then a Qpack, that thing is huge!) that can take a fullsize video card and a desktop CPU. As for gaming I mean using something like a 4850 single slot cooler designed card.

I'm this close to putting a MATX system together but with the PSU cover most of the expansion slots leaving only the video card slot open with a tad bit of room for air.

Back