Some Nice Old Stuff

brinjin

Limp Gawd
Hi I just upgraded so i have some old stuff im lookin to get rid of:

1. Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6850, LGA775, how about $25
  2. 4x2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800, how about $30

$50 even for both SOLD

The ram is 8gb total in like new condition and looks like this stuff.

All components were subject to a very light overclock as my POS motherboard could not handle anything more. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I dunno...just PM me what you'd reasonably be willing to pay and we can talk.

You need to post prices on a fs thread per the rules, if you're unsure just throw a ballpark figure and comment that you're willing to negotiate

IMO, old is similar to but more severe than legacy. More info, all of which is IMO...

My netbook is borderline legacy hardware. It's a 2009 system, with an Atom CPU in it (N270) that has been superseded a couple times now -- we've got dual-core Atoms now, with GPUs inside (although Poulsbo,etc. is generally bad for your health if you run Linux >.< )

My mother's Sony VAIO VGN-S360 laptop, set aside because dying hard drive is dying... is very definitely legacy hardware. Pentium M CPU? Yuk, that's at least three generations old, depending on how you count (I'm counting Core, Core2, and Core i). IDE hard drive...? Ouch, they sure don't make those any more. But it's a 1.7GHz CPU and a 120gb HDD (up from 80, it's awaiting its third drive now >.< ) so it's not what I would call old.

But my Dell Latitude CPi laptop? Yipe, that's 1999 hardware! Pentium II 300MHz CPU, long-gone 6.5gb HDD (rocks a 20gb model now)... oh, and it's got plenty of heft to it, too, compared to, well, anything even close to modern! I can practically hear poorly-oiled gears creaking into action as it boots and runs... that's well beyond legacy ;) that's OLD.

Hope that both makes sense and clears things up :)

But my Dell Latitude CPi laptop? Yipe, that's 1999 hardware! Pentium II 300MHz CPU

I still got one of those lying about. It is an IBM, not a DELL...but it has the same processor and Win98 installed!

...although I can't remember the last time I fired it up. May have to go hunt it down now just to see if it still boots. :)

Heh :) cool. I also have a 386 box from 1992... it's a veritable antique :p

EDIT: to add to my last post and keep this one on topic -- I would not consider the hardware being sold in this thread as "old" or really even "legacy" to any meaningful degree. I would consider it "well used" and little --if any-- more.

So, did you get my PM sent a couple of hours ago stating that I wanted to buy it?

Hi I just upgraded so i have some old stuff im lookin to get rid of:

@ OP, just a reminder...it was you that first used the "O" word. :)

Last edited:
You all make a good point, and the processor has run great for as long as i've used it. However the board it was sitting on drove me nuts, and there really weren't many good options i could find for replacing it. Plus i was just feeling the itch to upgrade, and Microcenter has been running some great deals lately.

Plus i was just feeling the itch to upgrade, and Microcenter has been running some great deals lately.

Understatement of the Year! :)

Wish I lived near one...then again, probably a good thing that I don't.

Back