• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Some n00b questions.

Qulzam

n00b
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
54
I want to know that which is the best Antivirus Software to use?
What is Spyware and which is the best one to use?
What is Adware and which is the best one to use?
I am buying a PC for VISTA, what file system would be better? FAT32 or NTFS or is there any other better?
Help me guyz.
 
I want to know that which is the best Antivirus Software to use?
What is Spyware and which is the best one to use?
What is Adware and which is the best one to use?
I am buying a PC for VISTA, what file system would be better? FAT32 or NTFS or is there any other better?
Help me guyz.

1. Nod32 Antivirus is one of the best, if not THE best product

2. Spyware is software that gets installed without your permission and records your browsing behaviour etc. and forwards it to other people without your knowledge. Use something like Spybot search and destroy and AdAware personal edition. Best is a combination of both.

3. Adware is similar to spyware as it also installs without your permission and displays ads in your browser and/or desktop. Same products apply as for Spyware.

4. NTFS all the way. Simply forget about FAT. Vista won't even allow you to use FAT on your system drive.
 
This is the wrong forum for this sort of post.

The answers given are accurate, Spybot and NOD32 are both excelent applications.
 
Spybot and Ad-Aware aren't necessary anymore.

NOD32/AVG/Kaspersky, etc
Firefox
CCleaner
SpywareBlaster (immunization, better than Spybot's)
HijackThis!
Windows Defender (maybe)

are about all you need before you're infected. If you suspect malware, then you should scan with Spybot and/or Ad-Aware.
 
Ad-Aware has a 2007 beta out...Brand new interface..I like it alot more than previous versions. I can't give you a linky tho, I'm at work.
 
I want to know that which is the best Antivirus Software to use?
What is Spyware and which is the best one to use?
What is Adware and which is the best one to use?
I am buying a PC for VISTA, what file system would be better? FAT32 or NTFS or is there any other better?
Help me guyz.

AVG is also good antivirus software. They have both a free and registered version.

http://www.grisoft.com/

Ad-aware is good for spyware - also a free version available.

If you don't go to too many "shady" websites (you know what I mean), malicious viruses & spyware shouldn't be a huge problem.
 
Oh lawd these are noob questions... FAT32 or NTFS? Seriously? =B
 
Back
Top