Some Live Tiles No Longer Working (W8 Pro)

thelead

2[H]4U
Nothing showing up on Bing Search, News and Weather apps (not even their icons). Weather shows a small exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. It was working fine for the first 2 days and went south yesterday. Any idea how to fix this?

Silly question, but does the computer have an Internet connection?
EDIT: To clarify a bit. Something similar happened to me one time when I lost my Internet connection for a short period of time, it took a while after the connection came back up for the tiles to start 'working" again.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a similar problem with the store, stuff doesn't update or download. Oh well I just play Mahjong with the GF fuck everything else.

Silly question, but does the computer have an Internet connection?
EDIT: To clarify a bit. Something similar happened to me one time when I lost my Internet connection for a short period of time, it took a while after the connection came back up for the tiles to start 'working" again.

It's always connected. The apps themeselves work fine, its the live tile part that's not working anymore. I've tried turning live tiles on and off and unpinning and re-pinning the apps.

Live Tiles can be a bit tricky, there's a LOT of constraints on how they run, apps have to go through a proxy to service their title updates locally. If you have titles that stop updating just open the app to see if that refreshes it.

Well, I figured out the exclamation mark on the weather app (there was a severe weather advisory that ended and the exclamation mark disappeared). The "live part still isn't working though, even after opening the apps.

Last edited:
My screen looks similar to one I found online :
9923d1351243413-missing-all-windows-8-basic-metro-icons-untitled-1.jpg

His solution was to update the video drivers... I'm going to give that a try right now.

Update: Did not work.

Last edited:
Back