• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Some Intel entertainment for yous...

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
4,233
Heres a post on another forum posted by a guy who uhmm....

yeah skip to the good part

heres the post

.."Its good you love Intel. I love it too.. But the fact cannot be changed.. Intel rules the desktop market no doubt about it.. But as said get the facts..

1. Intel all offerings [only except Core i7] has been demolished by AMD>. Now why I used demolished , AMD didn't do wonders. isn'it it .. The point is price.. Look all Core 2 Quad cost quite huge amount and the current AMD offering is very competitively priced.. I was shocked to see the price of AMD top offering i.e., Black Edition price which is as half of its Intel counterpart i.e Q9400 or above..

2. AMD has gained a lot of respect by producing awesome chips for low price.. Consider the newly released Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition.. Costing only $145 [ trashed the Q6600 and E8500 cost 50-100 $ more than it] .. The performance of X3 BE is mind boggling.. Its does 3.8 ghz i.ee 1ghz bump [Overclock ] on low/mid end cooler.. people gained 4.3-4.5 ghz on Water kits and you can push 4ghz easily on AIR with Sunbeam CCF..

AMD has its strong hold atm in mid - low segment as their price is way to better.. Intel on the other hand hold the seat with Core i7.. which is way too costly and cannot be afforded by a lay computer users..

and if you still think Intel is good for medium to mid-high end PC then go bragging about it... You will end up making a laughter of yours

No offense.."

Enjoy and let me hear your wonderful opinions and points ! :D
 
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYyMSw0LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
And thats with the low cache Q8200 running at 2.66Ghz, mine is at 2.8Ghz with nothing more than bumping the FSB to 400Mhz, and still runs cool on the stock heatsink. More than capable of giving more. And with free shipping on the $10 more intel chip, good luck trying to win a price advantage $159 plus shipping vs $169 free shipping, 720BE vs Q8200)

Its better than the Phenom I, but its not as good as a yorkfield, much less a bloomfield. AMD is screwed until their next revision, at best. And dual core wolfdales are better than the triple cores as well, with the significant clock advantage.

Now, back to the AMD dreamworld, troll.
 
We have our own trolls here. We don't need any threads discussing trolls on other forums.
 
intel is buttur lawls lawls lawls lawls, 3.6ghz is not an impressive overclock!!@!!@!11!!

There, im sure people from the frys 710/720 thread was expecting that from me, enjoy it.

To the mods, its a joke, put down the banhammer kyle.
 
.."Its good you love Intel. I love it too.. But the fact cannot be changed.. Intel rules the desktop market no doubt about it.. But as said get the facts..

1. Intel all offerings [only except Core i7] has been demolished by AMD>. Now why I used demolished , AMD didn't do wonders. isn'it it .. The point is price.. Look all Core 2 Quad cost quite huge amount and the current AMD offering is very competitively priced.. I was shocked to see the price of AMD top offering i.e., Black Edition price which is as half of its Intel counterpart i.e Q9400 or above..

2. AMD has gained a lot of respect by producing awesome chips for low price.. Consider the newly released Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition.. Costing only $145 [ trashed the Q6600 and E8500 cost 50-100 $ more than it] .. The performance of X3 BE is mind boggling.. Its does 3.8 ghz i.ee 1ghz bump [Overclock ] on low/mid end cooler.. people gained 4.3-4.5 ghz on Water kits and you can push 4ghz easily on AIR with Sunbeam CCF..

AMD has its strong hold atm in mid - low segment as their price is way to better.. Intel on the other hand hold the seat with Core i7.. which is way too costly and cannot be afforded by a lay computer users..

and if you still think Intel is good for medium to mid-high end PC then go bragging about it... You will end up making a laughter of yours

No offense.."
Sounds like the kassler virus is now airborne.
 
In a way I can't wait for Intel to put AMD out of business. I'd love to see the reaction of these guys (and god there are SO MANY of them!).
AMD has gotten the same status in my book as linux: It's not so much the product itself, but I just can't stand their following anymore. All these fanboys foaming at the mouth all the time, spreading all kinds of nonsense and FUD on every forum you go to.
Please put them out of their misery.
 
I kinda agree scali, you say anything that might seem to be against amd, and your labeled as a fanboy and told to go to the intel forum. Kinda like the Frys 710/720 thread, i clearly said that 3.6 on stock volts is nothing impressive to myself and they took it as if i said ''intel does it too, its nothing special''. I guess i should stop reading overclocking forums :(

Then again, i kinda want the whole amd vs intel to continue, if intel puts amd out of business i feel that intel is gonna slack, while now it has to compete price/performance wise.
 
Let's face it, AMD is so far behind, performance-wise, that there are about 3 or 4 levels of performance of Intel processors where AMD has absolutely no effect whatsoever on price/performance anyway.

Since AMD is well below the price and performance that I usually shop at, I don't think AMD's existence has any effect at all for me at this point.

Ofcourse you could say I'm a fanboy, but reality is that I have used AMD in the past, when they offered products that did meet my price and performance standards. It's just that this is so long ago now... I don't dwell on the past.

AMD has been failing for years as a company. They fail to deliver competing products, and they fail to be a profitable company. As such, I don't think they have a right to exist, even if that would mean that Intel would be slacking (which I don't believe in the first place. I've said it many times before: I've been around since the early days of PCs, when Intel was the only option, there was nothing wrong with those days. In fact, if Intel would be slacking without competition, then why did it take AMD so long to come up with a competing product? Their 386, 486 and K5/K6 products weren't anywhere near the performance of Intel's top of the line. As such, Phenom is ironically putting AMD back where they came from).
Those are just the laws of our capitalist world: Survival of the fittest.
AMD is not a fit company at this point, and hasn't been for years. If it wasn't for those Arab investors, they'd probably have gone belly-up already.
 
Well a little heads up information...the op on the other forum start raging and calling me names and saying I'm low standard etc...well he got his punishment and got banned..dunno for how long though. But I feel absolutely no sadness whatsoever as I've had plenty of pointless arguments with in the past before.

But yeah lets talk technical on the up side of this forum :D, I kinda have to agree to, to your post scali if theres no competition for Intel if AMD is put out of its misery, Intel will start slackin its cpu releases, its always good to have your rival on its track and alive, to have competition mainly and I would love to see the sad face of Henry Richards holding a Cardboard card on the streets begging for money :D, but yet its good to have AMD bad and going for now to see what hopeless future releases they will pull out of their ass, esp when they are suffering a current and then financial dilemma crysis they going through.
 
Intel is already 'slacking', they moved their Core i5 line back a few months.
But can you blame them? In these times, people just don't buy as much new hardware, so shops aren't moving their stock as quickly.
Ofcourse they could have dropped prices instead, to increase sales... But their stockholders might not approve of that (I know AMD's stockholders voted against AMD dropping prices a while ago). After all, bottom line is that a company exists to make money.
 
Meh, i think i5 is gonna ruin things to be honest, i think their gonna up the price on i7 and leave i5 right under it.

If i5 only provides Dual channel instead of tri, im really not interested, i7 prices are already more than affordable to me, and im one cheap bastard.
 
Meh, i think i5 is gonna ruin things to be honest, i think their gonna up the price on i7 and leave i5 right under it.

I doubt it. As far as I recall, Intel has NEVER increased prices on any CPU.
CPUs only get cheaper as production matures. The worst they might do is not lower prices as much as their gains in production efficiency allows them to do. That would leave Core i7 at their current pricepoint.

Now Core i5 CPUs might not be much cheaper than Core i7 (hard to beat the 920 especially, the CPU itself is a steal)... but the main gains will be on the motherboard side of things.
 
We will have to wait and see, like i said, i7 is already more than affordable. You can get a decent setup for what $500-550?

With Amd releasing AM3, Unless they price their Quads decently, I see them being in trouble, Im guessing that a decent AM3 Board will be around $180 (Current Decent Sb750 are around there so i doubt it will be around there), Plus the Proc themselfs being around $180-285, Add the price of a decent DDR3 Kit, Which @ $180 (Board), $180 (Quad AMD Chip), $100 (DDR3 Kit), Why not pay a bit more for better performance? Unless if your like my cousin that thinks going amd is some kind of rebellion stupidity.

I really hope Intel has something up their sleves with i5.

I just finished looking at oc's review on amds 720, Im kinda impressed but overclocking is still kinda iffy to me, working with a decent amount of intel procs just sealed the fate on my future purchases unless amd pulls a X2, I loved my 3800X2.
 
Back
Top