Some Help with Citrix

I work for a small software firm and one of our clients uses Citrix and is having problems running our software through it. Basically, to when running the .exe, the program hangs. If you go to the task manager, it shows two instances running. Shutting down one doesn't let the program continue opening

I know this is probably something on our end, but I don't have a Citrix server in house to conduct more tests on. The program and even same installation works fine across their network, and it works for us across Windows Terminal Services. Does anyone have troubleshooting ideas or tips on how to find out exactly what's happening? Or does anyone know where I can outsource a Citrix server, for like a couple of hours, just so we can test?

Thanks in Advance.

Blue Knight said:
I work for a small software firm and one of our clients uses Citrix and is having problems running our software through it. Basically, to when running the .exe, the program hangs. If you go to the task manager, it shows two instances running. Shutting down one doesn't let the program continue opening

I know this is probably something on our end, but I don't have a Citrix server in house to conduct more tests on. The program and even same installation works fine across their network, and it works for us across Windows Terminal Services. Does anyone have troubleshooting ideas or tips on how to find out exactly what's happening? Or does anyone know where I can outsource a Citrix server, for like a couple of hours, just so we can test?

Thanks in Advance.

If an application will work on TS it will work on citrix. Does this app run fine for everyone else? does this happen everytime the user trys to run it (or maybe just when someone else hass the app open?). Is the software installed on a file server and you just launch the exe on the client side? The biggest reason an app would not work in a TS invironment is if the app uses the HKLM to store and access information instaed of HKLM> If it just theis on user i would rebuild their TS profile and see what happens.

There is an option to not wait for printer auto creation in the published app. Try making it not wait on printers to get added. This is a common issue.

Which version of Citrix are you running? There are also several issues like this when using Metaframe XP 1.0 and 3.0 concerning HP printers being created.

If you are having issues with the HKLM branch of the registry, then its time to go to Presentation Server 4.0 it works around these by use of "isolation environments." Hopefully you have subscription advantage.

Back