some [H] and [H] | DC 3d rendered wallpaper for everyone!

I recently picked up a copy of Carrara, and decided to fire it up today. I was on the [H] board most of the day, and decided....how about some [H]ard Wallpaper?!?!

Here you go! They are large 1920x1200 (as designed for 24"+ monitors)

...if you want them in 2560x1600 let me know too.

H_wallpaper_thumb.jpg

LINK TO 1920x1200

H_DC_wallpaper_thumb.jpg

LINK TO 1920x1200

H-OCP_thumb.jpg

LINK TO 1920x1200

Awesome work! I'll use this on my widescreen at home. I'd love 4:3 versions for the rest of my systems tho.. Think its possible?

just plain [H] would be good in 1280X1024 for me at least

Bbq said:
Looks great. How about a nice [H]ard|ocp ?

i could make it, but it wouldnt be able to all be ledgible methinks, well...at the angle i have it now... ill try tho

awesome job. Are we free to use these as we wish? I can think of a handful of ladies who would good next to that [H]. :)

Bonksnp said:
awesome job. Are we free to use these as we wish? I can think of a handful of ladies who would good next to that [H]. :)

yeah, do whatever you want with em. I dont care. Just point ppl back here if they want to know where they came from! ;)

samsung.204b said:
what about me? i am 1600x1200.
Just take the large one and scale it down.

Might I suggest turning up the GI settings? The blotches under the letters is a bit of a turn-off, if you ask me.

Black Morty Rackham said:
Just take the large one and scale it down.

Might I suggest turning up the GI settings? The blotches under the letters is a bit of a turn-off, if you ask me.

the 'blotches' are just the shadows. I didnt set the render settings THAT high, as it was just going to end up a jpeg anyways.

I did render it on all high settings...took quite a while...and lemme tell ya it looked damn good.

samsung.204b said:
what is gi?
Global illumination. It's a lighting technique where every single object in the scene acts as a light source. So if you have a room with a window and a strong sunlight falling on the floor, global illumination causes that hotspot on the floor to illuminate the entire room, automatically. It takes a long time to render, but it takes much less time to set up compared to using regular lights to fake the effect. If you want a good illustration of the effect, turn off all the lights in your room and take a flashlight. Shine it on a white piece of paper, and move around. Notice how the light bounces off the paper and into the rest of the room? That is what global illumination does.

the 'blotches' are just the shadows. I didnt set the render settings THAT high, as it was just going to end up a jpeg anyways.
Of course they're just shadows. That doesn't mean they couldn't use some improvement. ;) If you want realism, the shadows underneath the letters should be VERY smooth.

Global illumination. It's a lighting technique where every single object in the scene acts as a light source. So if you have a room with a window and a strong sunlight falling on the floor, global illumination causes that hotspot on the floor to illuminate the entire room, automatically. It takes a long time to render, but it takes much less time to set up compared to using regular lights to fake the effect. If you want a good illustration of the effect, turn off all the lights in your room and take a flashlight. Shine it on a white piece of paper, and move around. Notice how the light bounces off the paper and into the rest of the room? That is what global illumination does.

Of course they're just shadows. That doesn't mean they couldn't use some improvement. ;) If you want realism, the shadows underneath the letters should be VERY smooth.

sorry, i didnt see anything in the properties dialog regarding that, but then again i just recently installed it and JUST started tinkering around with it. I will have to tinker around with Carrara some more!

thenixhex311 said:
sorry, i didnt see anything in the properties dialog regarding that, but then again i just recently installed it and JUST started tinkering around with it. I will have to tinker around with Carrara some more!
What kind of GI does Carrara have? I know it does photon mapping, but does it have any other method? For scenes like this, photon mapping is pretty worthless.

What kind of GI does Carrara have? I know it does photon mapping, but does it have any other method? For scenes like this, photon mapping is pretty worthless.

this is all i've seen in the tools palette:

carraratools.jpg

Back